Attachment Parenting
Options

Hello AP mamas, a visitor/lurker with a Q

So I have been bf max now for 13 months and we both really enjoy it still.  We nurse right now 3 times a day minimum.  Morning, first nap and bedtime.  He mostly STTN thank god but nights he doesn't he may nurse 1x overnight. He gets a bottle of EBM during the week for the first nap while i am at work (he has only taken 4-5 oz no more).  He sometimes nurses/takes a bottle of EBM in the afternoon if he takes a second nap, sometimes he only drink 2 oz out of this bottle. He eats 3 solid meals a day. 

so here is my dilema.  i have noticed a slight drop in my output when i am pumping during the day.  i know this is not indicative of supply but i also am not feeling let down much anymore and no longer need breastpads (yay).  We have not yet introduced cow's milk and I just need reassurances that he is getting enough mommy's milk.  If he is only nursing 3 times is this enough?  Kelly mom says 3-4 and so we are on the low end of that scale.  He eats yobaby yogurt every morning for breakfast (he's addicted) and also eats 1 cheese stick a day for a snack.  So I think he is ok on the calcium and Vit D front.

My concern is whether or not he's getting enough fat. he is somewhat of a picky eater and doesn't care much for avocado/egg or other high fat foods.  

Any input/suggestions etc greatly appreciated. 

tywm!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hello AP mamas, a visitor/lurker with a Q

• Options
    thanks for your input! he loves his yogurt and cheese stick (both full fat).  We have not done fish cakes, i will look into that!  thanks again
  • Options
    I think it's probably fine.  We haven't started cow's milk yet; kiddo still nurses quite a bit though.  I'm definitely feeling less "full" than ever and my leaking has almost stopped -  I think that's pretty normal at this stage in the game.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagencbelle:
    I think it's probably fine.  We haven't started cow's milk yet; kiddo still nurses quite a bit though.  I'm definitely feeling less "full" than ever and my leaking has almost stopped -  I think that's pretty normal at this stage in the game.

part of me is like "thank god because the rock hard boobs in the morning  were sometimes annoying" but it makes me doubt myself now.  ugh i hate this transition period. HATE IT!

• Options

Have you tried using butter? DS still nursing 4-5 times a night, but not at all during the day. We've introduced cow's milk, and he's pretty uninterested. He's a picky eater in general like yours.

He gets lots of yogurt, cheese, and butter. Kid LOVES butter - I cook his eggs with it, and he loves buttered toast. Toast with butter is the only thing that's a sure bet with him.

I'm much less full now that he's cut way back. Sadly, I'm going back down in bra sizes already. A cups, here we come.

• Options
    imageThe_Spanish_Inquisition:

Have you tried using butter? DS still nursing 4-5 times a night, but not at all during the day. We've introduced cow's milk, and he's pretty uninterested. He's a picky eater in general like yours.

He gets lots of yogurt, cheese, and butter. Kid LOVES butter - I cook his eggs with it, and he loves buttered toast. Toast with butter is the only thing that's a sure bet with him.

I'm much less full now that he's cut way back. Sadly, I'm going back down in bra sizes already. A cups, here we come.

oh yes he looooves butter. On his toast, waffles, grilled cheese. I didn't factor in butter, thanks for that. Oh and the cup size has def gone down. Which again is a blessing and a curse. I can at at least wear old shirts again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"