Birth Stories

We want to know if you have babies on the brain....

13»

Re: We want to know if you have babies on the brain....

• We've been married less than 3 months. Definitely not trying right now and we're really sick of people asking!
  • Editors, I'd would have liked this poll to ask if you had babies on the brain but not assume we're actively trying if the answer is yes! I have babies on the brain all the time yet we're waiting until the situation is right to TTC. Therefore I couldn't correctly answer this poll, and I know many married women with baby fever who are waiting. I was just disappointed, I wanted to see how many were in my situation.
  • Loading the player...
  • Whether you want to wait or not I would consider going off of birth control.  We got married in June and were thinking about TTC in August and then decided to wait.  My dr. told me that they "like to see women wait 3 months" after being off birth control before they start trying.  My hormones are just getting what I would like to think is "normal".  I ended up having cysts develop and rupture during the fall and early winter months.  My dr. explained that it is normal for some women.  I am just hoping that my hormone levels are becoming normalized and we will be ready to try in July or August.  :-)
  • We're still living with his parents, looking for a place of our own. No way I'm bringing a baby into this house of 6 people!!! I want to be able to raise our child our way!
  • I have babies on the brain but not sure if we are ready since only I have a steady job and my husband was laid off a year ago.  I don't know if we can afford it on my one income.  People tell me to just go ahead and have a baby and God will take care of everything.  Didn't God give us a brain to make smart choices?  I'm confused.
  • Yes, I do constantly, however I'm a Obstetrics RN so I'm around babies and pregnant women all of the time! My husband, on the other hand wants to wait a few more months! Either way, by Sept its go time!
  • definately BOTB but we are not going to start TTC until our 1 yr anniv in a few months. we are starting the preparations for pregnancy like eating healthier, quit smoking etc. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Our son is just 6 months and I already and thinking about a second... I told DH tonight that I want to start trying again in May! :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We definately have BABY ON THE BRAIN. We have been trying for a year, I have PCOS it has been very frustrating. Husband is so supportive and tries to keep my spirits high by coming up with names we would absolutely never use for the non-conceived each month. Last month we did not conceive Bertha, some day we will have our Melia or Ian.

X's and O's to our future baby...

• just like us! we are really thinking this thru....but have not decided yet. And not one week goes by that someone doesnt randomly ask me if i have decided yet! it's a little frustrating!
  • I totally understand where you are coming from as I find myself in pretty much an identical situation. My husband an I have been together for 6 years and just married in August. I definitely have the itch! I work at an OB-GYN office so it pretty much surrounds me day in and day out. Plus all my friends are having kids, some on their second already! I definitely want to start expanding the clan soon, but I know we need this time together. My husband wants to wait until finances are in order- we bought and renovated a house right before the wedding, plus student loans are definitely a monthly burden so I definitely can't argue with him there. We are going to revisit the idea on our 1 year Anniversary. Hopefully we will be trying have a little one this Fall. . .
  • Thanks for sharing this article with us!
  • Definitely have had babies on the brain for quite a while now!!  My husband and I have been together for five years, we were very good friends for about two years before that, and we have been married since May of 2008.  We started ttc in December of 2008, and are still ttc!!  I am only 26 and we have had a rough go at it...there seems to be no problems with fertility on either of our accounts, so we are just waiting now for God to bless us with a child!

Believe me, after 15 months of ttc, we are back at square one and just seeing what happens...apparently no matter how ready you are, a baby is not something that can be planned!

• Somewhat.  But we get asked at least once a week when are we going to start trying. We've only been married 7 months, guys!  
  • I have babies on the brain and my hubby is slowlllly getting the picture. It doesn't help that our cousins/sisters are either pregnant or just had babies. I've just been really surprised that our family hasn't started asking us when we're next! : ) 
  • No, not yet.  I am tired (and annoyed) that people are always asking when we'll have children.  The truth is, I am not sure I want to have children.  I am blessed that my husband and parents understand and accept, but most other people don't.  My sister is pregnant at the moment and I am really happy for her, because I know this is something she wanted.  I am also looking forward to pampering my niece/nephew, but I just don't have the desire, at least yet. 

• we have babies on the brain but i am too tired of friends and family asking if we are yet.....

• Babies are a constant conversation for us. I am ready like yesterday but my wonderful husband isnt quite ready, so we are waiting for another year or so to start trying.
  • We got babies on the brain, we've been trying for 8 months now. No luck yet, I've started doing the basal temp every morning for about a month now. I hope this will offer some help. I worry that being on the pill for so long or what I was doing while on the pill (skipping my sugar pills so and starting a new pack so I wouldnt get my period) could cause some problems in our trying!! Good luck to all the ladies and men out there trying, I never realized how hard it actually is...I always just assumed it was 1,2,3 but now im seeing it's not that easy!

• Gosh, I thought I'm the only one going through this.... I don't want kids and everyone's continuously getting on my nerves by asking and trying to make a case out of it. I tell them if I have one will they raise it, pay all bills and take all responsibilities?! If yes, then I'll have a kid... but when my OWN life needs working on, no thanks, I won't bring another human being into this crappy world just for others to say 'awww, what a cute baby'.
  • Wow that article about birth control was really something. I don't think BC has affected my relationship with God. Its a choice we have made and its the best for us. With the natural method they spoke about... that seems a little too risky for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't like how that question is worded. You can have babies on the brain and not be trying to conceive, which is where we are at.
  • I am a Catholic.  I can't say I practice religiously, but I'm still Catholic.  I was on birth control for a long time before I got married.  About 3 months after marriage, I got off the pill because we wanted to TTC.  It took 4 months just for me to start ovulating again.  It took another 4 months to actually get pregnant.  I am now 17 weeks pregnant and very excited!  My husband and I have decided to never go back on the pill.  We want about 6 children and we don't want to have to wait 8 months every time to get pregnant.  I worry about getting pregnant more than he does.  Just the other day I commented about it and he said if you get pregnant shortly after giving birth to another child, no big deal.  We want children, so what does it matter when we have them?  Whatever happens happens.  This made me feel so much better.  I guess I do agree with him that we will only get what we can handle.  We both love children, so I know we will both be happy no matter what happens!
  • Yes, we have babies on the brain and are TTC.  My husband and I have been together as a couple for almost 9 years.  We've been married for 1 year and 4 months.  We stopped using birth control in September with hopes that it would happen right away.  Unfortunately, we are still waiting.  After 12 years of being on various forms of birth control (pills, patch and ring), I found that I don't ovulate regularly.  We have since visited the GYN and been given options on how to start the process.  We are hopeful that it will happen in due time.  We believe that God will bless us when he feels that we are ready.

Like some of the other couples, we have grown tired of friends and family members asking if we are pregnant, or "what are you waiting on."  I pray on it often with hopes that I will be able to hold back my frustration when responding to people.  The frustration is growing and would love to know if anyone has come up with a respectible response for these questions.

• Cheryl, 

Thanks for sharing your story.  That definitely gives me hope.  I always wondered what the long term effects of being on birth control would do to my body and now I'm finding out.  It has been 5 months since we stopped the birth control, and I'm still not ovulating..  We are hopeful that it start soon.

My husband and I would love to have 2 children some day.....

Congratulations!!! 

• We were planning on waiting 2-5 years after getting married (We were married in October of 2008). We were using birth control and very much trying not to conceive. We were not financially able to have a child, nor ready otherwise.

That being said, our twins, Avery and Liam, are now 9/1 months old. Oops!lol And as per the not being able to afford it... We make it work. And though we'd planned on waiting, neither of us would trade it for the world. Trying for number 3 this fall!

• Hey thanks for posting the link to the article.  We've only been married for five months and I really don't want to think about having a child for the next two or three years. That being said, my husband wants to be a father, I hate being on birth control, and I'm struggling to find the balance between what I think we need and what God knows we need.  Still working on it :)
  • We have actually had them on the brain, we just upgraded out of our apartment living to a hew house so that we would have room for a baby, I think it will be about a year before we start but Im excited! 

• Hubby and I got married October 2009 after 6 years of being together, and we (I think me especially) have had babies on the brain recently. We are both living and going to graduate school internationally right now, so it will definitely wait till we are back home and have jobs. We are both 22 and our parents (each side didn't have kids until their 30s) are just barely getting out of the "hold-your-horses-wait-till-you're-ready-no-rush" mindset, even though we think they will all love being grandparents. So maybe in about a year we will just go off birth control and see what happens.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No. We have getting an education on the brain right now and plan to enjoy our time together as a couple pursuing the careers we have always wanted for a long time...perhaps always. At the moment, we are not interested in having kids.
  • We were married in June 2009, and are expecting our first child June 2010. 

We never went on any form of birth control, and were basically TTC from day 1. We are very excited! :)

I tried for 6 years with my ex-husband,  to no avail except for one miscarriage,   so getting pregnant so quickly was very surprising, but very welcome. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Where's the "I already have an infant" response?

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• I have BOTB but we aren't planning to start trying until April 2011
  • we are just work on something fair to me. but I don't know how long it will take to start to get pregrancy but there is probloem my boyfriend doesn't know how to use intercourse with me. what can I do ???
  • Do you want to win a second honeymoon?  If so apply to be a contestant on The Newlywed Game!!! Email CastingNewlyweds@gmail.com ASAP!!! The deadline for applicants is closing soon-APPLY NOW! Couples must be married 5 yrs or less.
  • I feel like none of these options apply to me.  I choose, "not quite ready to TTC, but open to it in the near future."  Can you make me an option for that? And some more articles & topics that apply to those of us who know we want kids, would like helpful information to prepare us, but aren't actively trying just yet.  What comes between BNOTB and TTC?!?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"