Working Moms
Options

anyone work out before work?

I am thinking the only time I am going to be able to fit exercise into my day (which will hopefully improve my attitude as well as physique) is to work out in the AM before work.  I am going to sign up for a new gym that is by work with showers, wake up at 6AM, leave to the gym, shower & get ready there so I can be to work by 8AM.  Anyone do this?  Do you like it?

Re: anyone work out before work?

• Options

That's what I did 5 days/week pre kids. I loved it. I can't do it now b/c DH often has to go in early, but I'm thinking about trying to do it a few days at least, even if it's just on my road bike on the trainer at home.

I'm waiting until LO sleeps through the night regularly to begin, though. Otherwise, I'm working out at lunch on work days and half-a$$ing attempts to go on the other days.

• Options
    I used to work out 4 mornings a week before work before kids and I loved it.  Then I started up again 2x a week when my son was 1.  Now that I have two kids, I usually do it 2-3x a week at home while I watch the shows I tivo.  I feel much better and more awake on the days I work out in the morning.  When the weather gets nicer, I think I'll try again to go to the gym instead of working out at home. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Where I work has an awesome fitness center so I swim 4 mornings a week before work.  I'm here by 6 and in the pool by 6:30.  This is really helping me control my weight gain with the 2nd pregnancy.  It really makes me feel so much better and then I'm home early enough to pick up from daycare and have the evening free.  Of course once its nice out we'll be walking outside at night too. 

• Options

It's the only way I can work out.  I get up at 5:15, but luckily we have a treadmill at our house so I don't have to leave. 

When I get home in the evenings it's rush rush to do dinner, baths, soak up the small amount of time I have with the kids and then pass out.  Working out at 9pm is just not my thing and I know by that time I would come up with every excuse in the book to not do it.

So I get up early.  It does make me feel good to just have it out of the way for the day. 

Photobucket
    thanks to jennied :)

• Options
    I used to go to the gym before work, but since DS was born I can't stand missing getting him up in the morning.  The mornings are my favorite part of the day with him.  So I bought a treadmill so I can work out at home before he wakes up.  I like this arrangement. 
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I get up at 6am and do a 30-40 minute circuit training workout dvd. On the weekends I usually do it during DS's naps. I never used to be a morning person for working out, but I actually really enjoy it now. It's nice to accomplish something first thing.
  • Options

i wake up at 425 so i can do a 10 minute workout before i start getting ready for work. 

after the kid goes to sleep, i usually do a 20/30 minute workout before bed.

i think we're going to join our old gym (which i LOVE) so i can go after work 2 or 3 times a week when dh picks up the kid OR i can take her to the gym daycare on weekends if i want to go. 

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"