South Florida Babies
Options

Anyone watch 16 and Pregnant?

It's like watching a train wreck.  The second season just started.  I feel so badly for the girls, the moms are usually b!tches, except last night's mom, she seemed ok.  And the BFs - good lord.  So freakin immature.  So important to talk to our kids about sex early on!!
image image

Re: Anyone watch 16 and Pregnant?

• Options

I'm hooked on that show. It always angers me the way most of these teens act and the way their parent's let them get away with dumping their child off and partying though.

I think it's good to make other teens aware over how hard being a mom, especially a teen  mom is

• Options

Yes! I thought Janelle was awful- I wanted to call CPS on her. The girl last night was so young and confused, and her BF was such a jerk.

The sweetest moment was when she came home from her homecoming dance all bummed out, and her little brother asked if she wanted to play Rock Band.

I have a friend who is getting married, and has waited to have sex, and is scared poopless. There was no communication about it in her house, AT ALL, and she is 23 now. My SIL gave her a book that she says has really helped, but wow. Between that, and this stupid show, we are definatley going to make sure there is plenty of discussion about it in our house!!

ETA: By sweetest, I mean only redeeming moment. Although I was really glad that she was honest and said she wishes she had waited. Some of the girls are like "my baby is the best thing that ever happened to me," which I feel like sugar coats how hard their lives are.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

All parents talk about sex. The problem is they are usually saying, "Don't do it". That's to talk. LOL

That show is so sad I can't take it.

• Options

you know i wanted to post about this but felt immature saying i watch 16&pg lol...im hooked on the show. the 1st rounds of mom look so much more responsible than these moms on season 2, dont they?

yesterday's episode was incredibly sad, that poor girl had no voice with her bf, who seemed like he had mind control over her. the relationship seemed incredibly full of emotional/verbal abuse/distress. that bf was a complete jerk and was so rude to everyone including her mom!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    he wouldnt hold her hand during a drs check? kept telling her she was "tripping out" while she was having contractions? wouldnt stop flicking her and annoying her while she was trying to concentrate through labor....WTFFF?
  • Options

imageCesEve99:
    he wouldnt hold her hand during a drs check? kept telling her she was "tripping out" while she was having contractions? wouldnt stop flicking her and annoying her while she was trying to concentrate through labor....WTFFF?

Okay, and howabout when he told her she was hogging the bed, and that men have a higher pain tolerance than women.

• Options
    imagebeachykeen1723:

imageCesEve99:

Okay, and howabout when he told her she was hogging the bed, and that men have a higher pain tolerance than women.

seriously, it was the worst episode yet!

• Options
    imageCesEve99:
    imagebeachykeen1723:

imageCesEve99:

seriously, it was the worst episode yet!

I think the first episode this season was worse, as far as the situation the baby was living in. It seemed like this baby's grandma was going to make sure it had a good home, and no one ever called him "it."

But they were both painful to watch, much worse than last season.

• Options

I am hooked on that show! But I agree, it's a giant trainwreck. Last season I felt bad for some of them, but there were others (like Farrah & Leah's mom -- can't remember her name right now) that I gave a major eyeroll too. They were both such drama queens! The first girl this season made me want to smack her, and yesterday's seemed very naive and immature. The boyfriend is a douchebag.

• Options

I love that show. It looks like this season will have much more irresponsible moms than last. The first girl this season is an absolute mess. I was shocked at her total lack of respect for her mom.  That poor baby. I feel so bad for him. I hope she cleans her act up for the baby's sake.

I didn't see last nights episode. But from the previews she looked a tiny bit better than Jenelle.

• Options
    This show truly disgusts me. Though what got me watching it was in the 1st season the young couple who put their daughter up for adoption. The whole process was a tear jerker. Love how mature they are for their age and how lucky the adoptive couple was to be blessed with such a beautiful girl. The rest of them are a joke but now you all have me curious. Smile
  • Options
    I've tried watching this show and it seriously depresses me. Working at a public health std clinic, i see alot of pregnant teenagers who are just clueless. I pray daily for those kids and their babies.
  • Options
    I've watched it here and there.  I really can't stomach too much of it.  Most of the girls are white trash. And I really don't feel any sympathy for them..they started handing out condoms in school and teaching about safe sex when I was a freshman 20 years ago. How could teens today not know how to avoid getting pregnant???  It's complete ignorance.
  • Options
    I can't stomach this show either. I feel so horrible for the babies and the families that I end up feeling sick to my stomach.

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ooo yes. I am totally hooked on that show.. I loved the first season and this season seems to be even better.. On another note!! We should have a girls night just to watch 16 & pregnant..
  • Options

I'm hooked. Total train wreck I can't peel my eyes off of. I didn't realize the 2nd season had started.

I watched Teen Mom, the follow-up to the first season, and some of the girls featured did redeem themselves to a certain extent from what a disaster their lives were during the 16 & Pregnant season.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Last night's episode really upset me. That boyfriend was SO mean and nasty to her, even while she was in labor. I can't even imagine.  These girls are so stupid to think that having a baby would bring them closer to their boyfriends!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"