TTC after 35
Options

Does anyone else hate the first two weeks?

I know the 2ww is terrible and anxiety producing. But I realized today that I really hate the time leading up to the 2ww. Right now, I know that there is no chance I am pregnant.  I am finishing up AF, went in today for my day 3 monitoring, jumping right into another IUI cycle (#3 if you don't count the first one when I had too many follies). Just feeling like another month has flown by and my chance for being pregnant has been pushed back ANOTHER month.At least during the 2ww, there is some hope and excitement that I might actually be KU! Pregnant until proven otherwise, right?

Anyhow, was just curious if I was the only one for whom the 2ww is NOT the worst half of the month.

Re: Does anyone else hate the first two weeks?

• Options

I think I hate every day of a month that I am TTC and not PG yet.  KWIM?  I like my fertile week, but feel a little guilty having lots of sex that week and not the others (which is why we are still TTC, I've been trying to "go with the flow" and not get too excited, which means we avg 1-2x a week as usual). 

Week 1 sucks b/c I have AF and I'm depressed

Week 2 - 3, sucks b/c I'm either waiting for fertile period to start or feeling guilty (see above0

Week 3 and 4, sucks b/c I'm so anxious, but trying not to become obsessed.

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options
    imageshouldbworkin:

I think I hate every day of a month that I am TTC and not PG yet. 

Pretty much this. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejcath:
    imageshouldbworkin:

Pretty much this. 

this is me as well.  I even broke away from the nest/bump because it just seems like everybody is getting pregnant except me.  Once DH has his hernia surgery, we can start figuring out what to do next.  Sad thing is that if we have true IF issues, we can't afford to go that route, so I don't know what we will do.  Sad

Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsPLW71:
    imagejcath:
    imageshouldbworkin:

Pretty much this. 

this is me as well.  I even broke away from the nest/bump because it just seems like everybody is getting pregnant except me.  Once DH has his hernia surgery, we can start figuring out what to do next.  Sad thing is that if we have true IF issues, we can't afford to go that route, so I don't know what we will do.  Sad

I'm with you.  I hate the whole thing.  I can't say if we have IF problems either, we never bd on time to find out.  

• Options

I'll echo this sentiment.  The waiting is surely enough to kill me!

We've been TTC since Sept 2007; we are both 38 - going to be 39 in the fall of 2010.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"