1st Trimester
Options

anyone with subchorionic bleed?

So the nurse called me last night saying that my doctor reviewed my ultrasound and there is a possibility I might have a subchorionic bleed. I have a repeat sono on the 24th to see where we are at. She said everything looked good with the baby so I am somewhat confused. I have tried researching this but everything is different, so any input you might have I would appreciate it. TIA ladies.

Re: anyone with subchorionic bleed?

• Options
    I had a subchorionic bleed with DS and with this LO.  With DS they monitored the bleed to make sure that it was shrinking through ultrasound.  It did not cause any problems with the pregnancy.  I bled off and on until it bled out during the second tri.  They can either bleed or they can be absorbed by your body.  With this SCB the doctor said it was already shrinking so that was a good sign.HTH
  • Options

I had one too...Here's a picture of it.

Sawyer Quinn (09/06/06), Rory Keaton (04/07/08) and Kinsley Saffron (10/12/10). Forever and ever my babies they'll be. A rose can say "I love you",orchids can enthrall,but a weed bouquet in a chubby fist,yes, that says it all.~Author Unknown
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have one right now. I had brown spotting last Tuesday and got an ultrasound where they saw the clot. The next evening I had heavy bleeding with large clots (one the size of a tangerine) and a lot of pain and cramping so I went to the ER expecting the worst. The baby was still doing fine, strong heartbeat, etc. but they told me I would lose the pregnancy. The next day I went to see my regular OB, they did another ultrasound and said they expect that I'll be just fine and, while I will probably bleed some more, it most likely won't harm the baby in any way.

That being said, I woke up this morning to more bleeding (it had tapered off and was gone after about 48 hours the first time) so I'm going in for another ultrasound today at 3. I have a doppler and can hear the baby in the beating away but it's still awful to have the bleeding!

Good luck with yours, from everything I have learned the majority of pregnancies with this issue end up with a healthy baby! Let me know if you have any questions : )

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"