3rd Trimester
Options

Acid Reflux Ladies - have you coughed up blood during an attack? TMI?

I had a HORRIBLE bout of acid reflux last night that woke me up at 3am, that choked me and eventually I was coughing up mucus & blood. My throat is still raw today. I have left a  message for my Dr., but it was really scary. I am on 20mg of Pepcid 2x a day, plus countless Tums.

Anyone have the blood when their acid reflux got really bad?  I am scared I have a chest infection or something.

TIA Big Smile

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Acid Reflux Ladies - have you coughed up blood during an attack? TMI?

• Options
    Nope, no blood for me.  That sucks.  I hope your doc calls you back and maybe can give you something stronger for the reflux!
  • Options

I don't have horrid acid reflux and haven't had blood come up however when I've vomited, afterwards I've spit up lots of mucus with blood in it. I got really panicked the first time and called the on call nurse. She said your throat gets irritated and raw and can bleed. I wouldn't be surprised if that can happen with acid reflux. 

Its good that you called - no point in worrying.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had reflux for years and never had blood. Let us know what the dr. says
    Aug. 15 - Jan. Siggy Challenge "Mean Girls" Mona Vanderwaal Pretty Little Liars  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

No blood for me, but I do throw up at night.  It never fails about midnight or so, most of us get up to pee, I puke.  I take OTC Zantac 150 every twelve hours, and Maylox inbetween.  Mine has almost been as bad as when I had morning sickness the first half of my pregnancy!

• Options

imagePrincessn678:
    I have had reflux for years and never had blood. Let us know what the dr. says

This!  I would freak if I started coughing up blood.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Do you have blood in your nasal mucus in the mornings?

I sometimes will have blood in my mucus when I cough from my nasal passage.

I hope it's nothing. What are you taking for your Acid Reflux?

• Options

Thanks so much ladies! I am still waiting for the Dr. to call back - I am scared to eat anything for fear of another round! Aaaghhhhh....... Sad

To answer some of your questions - I have had the blood nose in the a.m. but this was straight up fresh red blood in chest mucus ( gross!)

My poor babies were kicking me like crazy from all the hacking, choking and crying! 

I had taken my 20mg  pepcid 3 tums that night before bed - obvious fail on that! Tongue Tied

Thanks for all your responses....hopefully it isn't serious!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

That's scary stuff.   Get your doc on the line TODAY.

Pepcid is really low-level for heartburn; you should strongly consider changing to a more aggressive medicine.

• Options
    This happened twice to me - I know exactly what you're talking about.  I even had trouble breathing and talking during my attacks.  One of the times, I did cough up some blood.  Ever since then, I've been religious about taking a Zantac in the evening.  I'm so sorry.  I know what you're going through.  Hopefully, it wont come back.
  • Options

Good luck.

I was hoping it was just post nasal drip from coughing so hard.

Hope you hear back soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"