Cincinnati Babies
Options

at the risk of sounding dumb.....

I should probably know this, but I guess I don't.  After reading the post below about carseats, how do you know when your DC has "outgrown" the convertible seat?  Is it still that their head has to be an inch below the top of the seat??  Is there other guidelines to follow?  Now I'm paranoid because DS is so tall. 
Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: at the risk of sounding dumb.....

• Options

A convertible seat is outgrown rear-facing when either of the 2 following conditions occur:

1.The child reaches the weight limit of the seat.
    2.The child head's is level with the top of the shell of the carseat.

A convertible seat is outgrown forward-facing when either of the 3 following conditions occur:

1.The child reaches the weight limit of the seat.
    2.The tips of the child's ears are level with top of the shell of the carseat.
    3.The harness straps come out of the harness slot below the child's shoulders.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I totally understand how you feel!  All this talk about carseats makes me feel like I don't know the rules at all, and then I don't understand how people say their kids are RFing until like 3 years old.  I just wonder are they REALLY short, is there a seat with a huge limit that I don't know about it?

I read my manual again the other day (Evenflo triumph)  and it says DS can stay RF until 35lbs but his head had to be atleast 1 inch below the top of the seat.

Then for forward facing he must be less than 50lbs and his ears cannot be above the top of the seat.  Also he will be too big for it if his shoulders are above the highest strap setting.

I hope I'm understanding it all correctly too, it's got me paranoid as well.  Noah is getting close to the RFing limits (just height) and it's not like he's in the 90% or anything and I was hoping he could stay RFing longer.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks!!  That's what I needed to know.  Since we moved I'm not sure I know where the manual is....guess I should find it!
    Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was just recently thinking the same thing b/c Avery is so tall as well and I got online and checked my carseat website.  It talked more about the positioning of the shoulders but also had some head guidelines (other than weight which we know she's not close to! LOL)  I would look online too if you can't find your manual.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"