Boston Babies
Options

Daycare Cost

We usually only send my daughter twice a week for the afternoon (5 hours) and pay $400/ month. My MIL who watches my DD twice a week is going for surgery and recovery is 8 weeks. Day care just quoted us $1160/ month for two full days and two half days. My DD is 19 months. Does this sound right? I never really needed to compare prices. We are located about an hour outside of Boston. Now I wonder how much 5 full days cost in this area!

Re: Daycare Cost

• Options
    Unfortunately that sounds about right. It's absurd! Which is why I decided not to return to work and just stay home. 4 days a week (8-9 hour days) was quoted at $2550/month in Quincy.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I agree, that sounds about right.  I was comparing the costs of my company's onsite "discounted" daycare at $1300/mo with other full time day care centers in the area.  Most that I found were $1500/mo plus!  $2550/mo in Quincy makes me a little sick to my stomach :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There are def. daycares that cost less. Bedford was 1400 a month for a kid under 2 and Westwood is 1360 for a two year old.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"