Minnesota Babies
Options

Baby Shower Help

I offered to throw my friend a baby shower and now I don't know where to start. Any advice would be appreciated! 

Yikes!

Re: Baby Shower Help

• Options

I've thrown one baby and one bridal shower, so definitely no expert!

I'd start with a guest list first before anything....if you have a good idea of the number of people, you'll be able to decide on games/prizes, food and all that.

Then, you'll want to decide what games you want to have the guests play (if any) and get an idea of prizes. For one shower, I did $5.00 gift cards to random places for prizes (there weren't many people coming, so we didn't play a ton of games). For the other, I hit up Bath and Body Works during a good sale and stocked up on lotions and stuff.

Then, you'll want to plan your menu. For both, I went with basic sandwiches, pasta salad, fruit, chips and punch. Easy. The baby shower mom wanted a special, pretty spendy, cake for hers, so she got that herself. I did cupcakes for the other shower...I like cupcakes because they are easier to handle and people are more likely to take them vs. cake.

Then, you just get your invitations out (I'd say 4-6 weeks for the best turn out), and wait for your RSVPs (I had the guest's of honor check on any unresponsive invitees about a week before the shower).

Finally, just get some decorations. I went pretty simple with both...tableclothes, some baloons, nothing over the top.

Ashley & Christian
  • Options
    Thank you Thank you! Great advice. Now I have a starting place...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"