Single Parents
Options

XP T&P, might be on single parents board soon

So this has been the worst week of my life. My SO, out of nowhere, decided to tell me that he never wanted this baby and he doesn't love it. I don't understand where this came from because he had shown nothing to indicate these feelings for the past 8 months. I don't know if it is just fear that he is taking the wrong way, or if he truly feels like this. I am heartbroken and feel like I can't trust him anymore. He says he wants to work things out but I am not sure what else there is to do. I've heard that men don't become fathers until they see their baby, but I am not sure if I want to stick around and wait. I am losing my best friend and my world. If you wouldn't mind keeping me in your T&P I would really appreciate it. Also-any advice would be extremely helpful. Thanks so much.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
M/C Dec 2010 - 5w5d Missing my sweet angel baby.

Re: XP T&P, might be on single parents board soon

• Options
    I'm so sorry he said that to you. It seems such a hard idea that men would become fathers only after the birth, when from conception on we are already mothers. See if you can get into counseling with him. If he really loves you, and is a good man, give it a shot. Chances are he is just really stressed about the impending birth.
  • Options

So this has been the worst week of my life. My SO, out of nowhere, decided to tell me that he never wanted this baby and he doesn't love it. I don't understand where this came from because he had shown nothing to indicate these feelings for the past 8 months. I don't know if it is just fear that he is taking the wrong way, or if he truly feels like this. I am heartbroken and feel like I can't trust him anymore. He says he wants to work things out but I am not sure what else there is to do. I've heard that men don't become fathers until they see their baby, but I am not sure if I want to stick around and wait. I am losing my best friend and my world. If you wouldn't mind keeping me in your T&P I would really appreciate it. Also-any advice would be extremely helpful. Thanks so much.

A 19 year old beebee unprotected sex having a baby long before you are responsible for the child and so on and so forth.

GAH.

Doesn't anyone THINK?

Honeychile, being a father is innate. It has SH!T to do with "seeing a baby" first. he has no responsibility -- you think that's going to NOT have a trickle down effect on everything???

That said, make sure this punk pays child support. He cannot get off on this scot-free.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, I wouldn't make any decisions now.  See how it goes and decide after the baby is born.  But I have to say that it is a bad sign that he seems to feel nothing for the unborn child....it will all work out the way it is supposed to in the end.  I was married to a man who professed to wanting nothing more than a child and a family and when I got pregnant he went MIA.  So you never know until you actually go through it.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and I am so sorry that he did this to you. I don't know what reason he feels this way for, obviously, nobody knows but him. However, we are here to support you and help you through this tough time. Take care :)
  • Options
    Honey- you got knocked up before you could even legally drink! WTF did you think was going to happen? He was going to morph into this man who just suddenly wants to be married, have a family, etc?  HE's  a CHILD.
  • Options

Thank you to the people who honestly wanted to help.

For anyone else, just because me and my child's father are young means nothing about how we will parent.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    M/C Dec 2010 - 5w5d Missing my sweet angel baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"