Northern California Babies
Options

Poll: Your best New Year's ever!

Tell us a story :) 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll: Your best New Year's ever!

• Options
    10 years ago was my first kiss with DH, at midnight at Carlos' parent's house, while dancing to salsa music.
    Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • Options

My family never really celebrated NYE much, but I am a celebrator by nature and so is DH, so all my best NYEs have been with him.  Our best one was when we got back together for our last year of dating before getting engaged.  I had moved to NYC and we had broken up a year earlier, but I was moving back to Cali and moving near him in NorCal but we hadn't officially gotten back together.  DH had arranged it all, I came back to my parent's house in SoCal for Christmas and then we were spending NYE together but I didn't know what we were doing other than I needed a ball gown.  I found the most beautiful black off the shoulder gown...  We ended up going to Catalina Island for the NYE ball held in the ballroom in Avalon.  It was magical...and we were engaged that summer :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We don't really celebrate NYE, but 2004/2005 was the best ever, that's when Ryan asked my dad if he could marry me. It was so cute! Ryan is a tall guy (6'5"), but by the time he finished asking my dad, he looked about 5 feet tall. He was sooo nervous, and then my dad got nervous...I wish I had recorded that moment.
  • Options
    NyE 2005 we got engaged in Montreal out in the snow!
  • Options
    Most of the NYE's in my 20's were pretty good - lots of friends, parties, food, and good times.   Anything in my 30's pales in comparison.
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options

Wow, awesome story, ashleyhuney!

I'm also not big on NYE, but my most memorable is 99/2000, because I had just gotten home from a semester in Mexico and it was so great to be back home and with my friends.  We were at my BFF's boyfriend's house, and at midnight he hit a circuit breaker or something to make all the lights go out, so we'd think Y2k had hit and caused a power outage!  But soon we realized his outdoor xmas lights were still on ;-)

• Options

I have two:

When I was single my bff and I got in the car and headed south.  We thought we'd go to Miramar (hello, Top Gun!) but we didn't get that far.  We ended up in San Luis Obispo, got a cheap motel, went out, got really drunk, kissed a bunch of boys, and danced on tables.   It was a night to (not) remember!

The second is when I first started dating CF.  He was in grad school in Florida and he had to pack up all his stuff and drive his VW van home from Daytona.  I came with him and we spent 2 weeks going cross country on Route 66, spending 4 days in NOLA for NYE.  Those were the days when he was still trying to impress me Wink, and we had an AMAZING plush hotel right on Bourbon Street.  Another very special night to (not) remember! 

*sigh*  Good memories.  Thanks, Ash!

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We don't really go very BIG on NYE. However the one's in my early 20's were always fun, filled with lots of drinking, and once a night in SF with a posh hotel suite that was a bunch of fun. I used to want to be in Vegas for NYE, now I get sick just thinking of the madness. I am getting old. Wink
  • Options

7 years ago my daughter Isabella was born on New Years Eve.  She was scheduled to be induced on the 1st but the hospital my Dr was associated with wouldn't accept our insurance after the 1st so he moved patients around and she was born at 10:46am New Years Eve.  Our whole family makes a huge deal for her birthday since she's a New Years Baby.  It was the BEST New Years EVER!!!!!  

• Options

1999 - first NYE with DH during the Y2K madness.  His roommate had a house on the beach in Hermosa so a bunch of us went down there.  FUN!

Another year we went to the Red Devil in SF to see the Cheeseballs, 80s cover band.  We all paid $$$ and DH walked right in.  I saw Mike Dunleavy from the Warriors and also got on stage and sang. Totally fun.

A few years ago we went to a Comedy show at the Palace of Fine Arts - really fun in a lowkey way.

Last year we took Char out to dinner for her first NYE.  We fell asleep but woke up at midnight to ring in the new year.

Now, let's talk about the bad ones... :)

• Options

nye always have been kinda sucky until i met dh.. first year together ended up being a bust because we went with friends in a limo to go bar hoping turned out to be a lot of back and forth on where to go and no one agreeing so we rang the new year in the limo, eh.. after that dh and i started going to the big party at the sheraton with friends, we would dress up, get a great meal at the restaurant and meet up with friends at the party and party all night which was a blast.. sheraton doesnt do it anymore, last year was the marriot which was still fun, live bands in different rooms, dj's in some, and gambling. being able to let loose and then walk to your room was awesome. no stress at all which made it great.

this year will be much different but still great.. starting the new year as a mother and being able to watch my little girl is all i need, i cant leave her on her first new years!!.. next year though.. party central again hahahahaha

Susanne Ashby PhotographyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"