Northern California Babies
Options

So whats the breastfeeding rule for boozing it up??

I wont drink too much but I would like to have maybe 2 glasses of wine..

Which since its been a year since my last sip will probably make me shitzfaced

So how long do I have to wait and do I have to punp and dump or can I just wait and feed him..

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
br
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: So whats the breastfeeding rule for boozing it up??

• Options
    Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • Options
    Well, I was on the more liberal side of drinking and then bf-ing. I think they say let 1 hour pass for every drink before bf-ing? But I went more by how I felt. If I felt buzzed, I'd pump & dump. If I felt a-ok, I'd just bf or pump and store.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm going to feed her, then drink one beer and let it run its course until her next feeding (3 hours). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Several sources describe the breast as a "self cleaning oven" so if you feel buzzed, don't BF, but you only need to actually p&d for comfort to ease engorgement. They also sell the breast milk alcohol screening strips. I used one at Xmas and it worked well (ie was accurate).
  • Options
    You'll be fine!  Do it!
    The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Acutally when I was doing some reading before the first time I drank after S was born, I though that it said pumping and dumping did no good because the alcohol wasn't acutally stored in there. It just stayed in there until it wore off.  Maybe I read wrong.  I never dumped always just waited like 3 hours.  I've also used those strips and they work well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I give at least one hour per drink and judge how I'm feeling. If I'm feeling buzzed at all, then I pump and dump if a feeding is due and feed her a bottle instead.

I was always very protective of my supply, so I almost always pump and dumped if she drank a bottle since that would have been coming from me if I wasn't drinking, KWIM? I know you have supply issues, so that's something to consider.

Have fun tonight!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"