High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Something positive about GD :)

Just wanted to post about my one positive GD experience. I HATED the diet, but now that it is all over I can say that it was a blessing in disguise.  After being diagnosed at 28 weeks, I only gained 4 lbs (a total of 36) but my boys got bigger every week.  They were 6 and 7 lbs when I delivered and by my 2 week PP appt. I had lost ALL but 4 lbs :)  I think that the diet heled me and my babies stay healthy.  Not gaining too much weight helped my body carry them to 38 weeks.  And now that I have fully indulged in the holiday season, it's time to get back on track!!!!  Good luck ladies and remember there is a means to the end! :)

Re: Something positive about GD :)

• Options

They are soooo cute! 

Way to go on following the diet successfully. I also feel that in the long run, we are almost lucky to be watching what we eat so carefully.  It is the foundation for our babies!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Congrats on the babies! They are adorable!

I'm so glad that everything worked out for you. What did your peri or OB tell you about weight gain prior to the GD diagnosis? My peri wanted me to adhere to Dr. Luke's recommendations which means I should gain a total of 55lbs. Because of the GD diet, I am struggling to get in the calories and gain any weight. Although I really worry about it, my LOs are growing. Were your OB and peri ok with the suddenly slow weight gain? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was just diagnosed yesterday with GD, so this makes me feel so much better!  Thank you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My OB was fine with the weight gain as long as the babies kept gaining.  I gained Dr. Lukes 24 lbs by 24 weeks and I think that's what helped me.  My guys were big from the beginning!  I think not gaining in the end just helped me get through that last month with no real complications.  I credit the diet and the fact that I drank a gallon of water a day!  I think it really helped :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"