Postpartum Depression

Do you fit any of the descriptions?

I got this list from the new here read this first post...

Women at a higher risk for getting PPD include:

Single moms Teenage moms Military wives whose partners are deployed Women with unsupportive partners and unhealthy or even abusive relationships Low-income women Immigrant women Women who've recently gone through a major life event like a house move, divorce, job loss, death of close friend or family member, or went through major childhood trauma Women who had a traumatic childbirth, unexpected complications with the pregnancy or birth, trouble breastfeeding, delivered multiples and/or had babies with serious health problems or birth defects Women who've been through infertility treatments Women who are type "A" personalities or feel they have to be perfect moms Women with a history of depression or whose families have a history of depression Women with type 1, 2 or gestational diabetes Women who are more vulnerable to hormone fluctuations, for instance those with premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)   I guess for me personally, I fit the "A" type personality problem. I always feel like I'm not doing the best job possible and always want to be in control of what is going on. Also, I did suffer from depression and anxiety issues in the past, as did my mother. It is interesting to me that this list seems so random, but that I fit two of these descriptions. What about you?

Re: Do you fit any of the descriptions?

• I definitely fit into some of these- trouble with the pregnancy, trouble or traumatic birth, breastfeeding issues, infertility issues, perfectionist attitude...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
  • I would say I had a traumatic childbirth and I had GD as well. I am thankful I didn't have some of the other items on this list...but you are right, some of them are quite random I think.
  • Loading the player...
  • I fit the fact that I have a history of anxiety, something kind of traumatic happened while i was pregnant to someone in my family
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Yep. I had pregnancy complications, traumatic birth experience, troubles breastfeeding, a preemie who spent a week in the NICU (although he did surprisingly well so I don't consider his health problems serious though the could have been) We had minor infertility issues to conceive and I am pretty type A. We also bought a new home and moved to a new town right after getting pregnant. Hmmm...guess I fit a lot of them!
    PCOS dx 2008 | BFP #1 2/26/2009 with Metformin
    Owen Matthew 11/1/2009 4lbs 10oz 16.5in
    Born 5 weeks early by C/S | Severe Pre-Eclampsia
    BFP #2 5/1/2011 | M/C @ 7 weeks | D&C 5/25/2011
    TTC #2 | HSG Clear | SA 2% Morph otherwise great
    3 failed Femara/TI cycles moving on to IUI
  • low income, moved a few days before she was born, traumatic birth, need to be a perfect mom, historyof depression
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • i fit into 4 of these descriptions.

• i fit into 7 of those
  • Moved shortly before DD's birth

Complications in the pregnancy (pre-e, induced at 36 weeks)

Gestational diabetes

Some initial trouble breastfeeding (DD would not latch on, lost more than 10% of birth weight, needed to be supplemented)

Family history of depression

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lost my job, unexpected complications with pregnancy, delivered multiples 3 month premature, lost 1 baby after 8 weeks, 3 month NICU stay, history of depression.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"