Canada Babies

Mom's with Tots!

Hello ladies! I'm writing this because I am due June 4th and have a 2 year old boy (Lanni will be three February 27th) and we are struggling with potty training!

It feels like at the rate we are going, I'll be changing two diapers at a time! (Which I wouldn't have a problem with if my babies were a little closer together). I've heard that boys are harder to potty train - but it seems like I'm getting no where.

Any suggestions?

Re: Mom's with Tots!

• I'm not a big Dr. Phil fan, but my MIL had him on one day while I was over and he recommended using a doll that can pee and having your toddler "teach" the baby to pee on the toddler potty and when the baby went pee, you threw a BIG party for the baby. After, ask your toddler if he has to go. If no, then leave it alone. Then an hour later repeat. Do this a few times a day for a while until toddler says yes, and once he goes, make a BIG deal about it to congratulate. Dr. Phil says the child will see his doll being positively reinforced for using the potty and eventually will want to follow suit. We're no where near potty training yet, so I don't know if it works, but maybe it's worth a try?
  • Don't want to burst your bubble- but our DD is 3.5 and she is 95% potty trained. Still accidents and only this week started to do #2 on the potty! It seems like such a long haul, but it will happen eventually!

Hang in there- make a big deal over little things-no pressure.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"