Postpartum Depression
Options

hello ladies.

Im just jumping in because even though I have been having PPD issues for a couple months after talking to DH tonight I don't think he gets it at all. Please tell me Im not alone.

So I am a very blessed woman. I have a great husband, 3 wonderful children, new house....the whole shabang. 

My head knows this and yet it refuses to let me be happy.

My husband does not understand how I am feeling and I KNOW its all my fault. I try so hard to show him Im ok that I think Im making it worse because then when I slip and have a 'moment' he is confused. He came home today and said that he hates that Im different (we have a 3 year old and 5 month old tiwns). We have been together for 15 years and have always been on the same page. Its hard for him that we are not now but I dont think he realizes that its harder for me because I want to control my moods and humor and dont get me started with the bed room but I cant. 

He said to me today that my priority is babies this and babies that then later comes Rachel (oldest DD) and then him. A: I make sure I spend just us time with Rachel everyday. B: I am home all day with 3 kids, 2 of which cant do anything for themselves so yes, they get more attention. And C: when he comes home he wants to play with Rachel...not me, not the babies so what gives? He cant have it both ways. 

Ok, im not sure if any of that ramble even makes sense but it feels better to get out. He is out at a hocky game (how nice for him...i couldnt go because I am nursing the twins) but I plan on having a nice long talk when he gets home!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: hello ladies.

• Options

well I understand where you're coming from and I think it will help if you have a discussion with your DH and tell him that you have been "putting on a front" and tell him the ACTUAL way you've been feeling. Like Dr. Phil says, "we can deal with anything as long as it's out on the table" So put it all out there and have a candid conversation about it. I'd also talk to your doctor about it, maybe getting on some medication and/or getting some talk therapy or some kind would greatly improve your mood to where you can be yourself again. If there was anything to help you in that direction don't you think your DH would be in support of it?

GL! You're brave and stronger than me for already having a child and taking care of twins! Give yourself credit for that for sure!!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
  • Options
    I guess I didnt say it all...I am on meds and have been talking to DH about it. The front is more I think he wants a pill to be a magic wand and make me all better like magic. But yes, DH and I will be having a long talk when he gets home tonight.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It might help if you have the support of your doctor, therapist, whoever as well. My boyfriend finally got the depth of my issues after he read all the information I had to fill out at the doctor's office. Specific wording, for example: How often do you blame yourself for things that you don't have control over. My answer was all the time. He didn't understand until that point.

It might help to even look up PPD and explain things to him in specific wording?

• Options
    We sat down and had a LONG talk. We also met for lunch and he explained that he took my advise and did some research and now realizes what I am going through and how he can help. Im hoping things get better from here.
  • Options
    I'm glad he listened to you. I hope things start getting better for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"