Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Thisclose to giving dh an ultimatum

He can't go one night without a drink. If he drinks all his beer then he'll have a glass of wine. It is really getting ridiculous!!

If this keeps on going I'm going to say beer or bunny & I. You can't have both!!

Angry

Re: Thisclose to giving dh an ultimatum

• Options
    Ugh, that sucks. I hope he makes the right decision and everything works out.
  • Options
    That does't sound healthy. I hope he stops for his family. Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am sorry.  Definitely something needs to be done before it is a problem.  GL.
    DD #1 Amber Lynn 12/2000, DD #2 Leia Elizabeth 6/2009, DD#3 Aayla Ruth 08/2012. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    aw, i'm sorry. can you have some of his friends or family help you stage an intervention?
  • Options
    stand your ground, honey!! good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Have you talked to him about it before? What does he say?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMrsWanee:
    aw, i'm sorry. can you have some of his friends or family help you stage an intervention?

No one else sees it the way I do. He doesn't get drunk, it's just drinking every.single.night.  I grew up in a house where my parents had 1 or 2 during an afternoon of watching football and wine with dinner on special evenings. That was all. Dh's family is VERY different. My mil will buy dh a CASE of beer for every night she's here.

• Options
    Have you guys talked about this? Maybe he doesn't even realize how much, it maybe he is having difficulty coping with something in a healthy way. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hope everything works out for you.  Good luck!
  • Options

FI's father is an alcoholic, and his family sounds similar...

Asking MIL to babysit means he runs to get her a bottle of wine. Uh- I'd rather she watch our baby without the wine? Anyways he went through a phase of having a drink every day and I finally had to tell him it was really concerning me...he stopped and now only has a drink socially when we're out...

Hopefully he'll be open minded when you bring up your concerns...

• Options

Im sorry that really stinks. Im curious what he has to say about it. Have you talked about this with him before?

GL

• Options

imagedeeanneharris:

Yea I've talked to him about it. Numerous times. He generally seems to agree with me and says he'll stop drinking every night but it never lasts more than a few days.

It truly is getting to the point though where I am almost ready to leave him over it. Obviously we have other issues as well Sad

• Options

I'm going through the same thing with DH... I know exactly how you feel.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need someone to talk to about it. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagestephelias:

I'm going through the same thing with DH... I know exactly how you feel.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need someone to talk to about it. 

Thanks! and {{hugs}} it's a shitty situation to be in.

• Options

FWIW--my grandfather would have a glass or two of sherry every evening (even had a RX from the dr for it)  When he broke his hip and had to go into the hospital, he had horrible withdrawals from it.  The dr in the hospital said that even if you only have ONE glass a day, your body gets used to it and can have withdrawals when you stop.  Just wanted you to be ready that he may have a rough time the first few days. 

• Options

good luck! like PP said, I hope he realizes his family is WAY more worth a few beers after work.

• Options
    image*blondie*:

imagedeeanneharris:

Yea I've talked to him about it. Numerous times. He generally seems to agree with me and says he'll stop drinking every night but it never lasts more than a few days.

It truly is getting to the point though where I am almost ready to leave him over it. Obviously we have other issues as well Sad

I'm sorry! I hope the talk goes well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Wow, that is very frustrating.

• Options
    Good luck with that, hun. If it's a real problem it sucks. I've been there and sadly (well, not sadly I have DH now) the ultimatums didn't work.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"