Babies on the Brain

white chocolate peanut butter popcorn... (AW)

YUM!

Dale and Thomas sells this stuff and it is amazing, but it's really expensive. So i decided to try and make it myself :) and it worked! which is amazing, because i am usualy awful in the kitchen. I am so proud of myself, lol.

It was really easy and the longest part of the whole process was waiting for it to cool and harden, and it is almost as good as the real stuff.

Next time i think i will add more chocolate and a little less peanut butter, and i think it will be even better than the expensive stuff, because this tastes fresh, where as the Dale and Thomas sometimes gets stale.

so now i'm sitting here munching and thinking next time i need to make a bigger batch....

Re: white chocolate peanut butter popcorn... (AW)

• How are you 27 weeks already?
  • imageTim'sWifey:
    How are you 27 weeks already?

i don't even know! it is just flying by. and my belly is getting bigger everyday which reminds, i'm about due for another belly pic.

but yeah, it is just crazy how quickly it has gone by. I had a mini panic attack when i realized i was in 3rd tri because i feel like we have NOTHING ready at this point. we're going to go into baby overdrive mode over chirstmas break i guess, because we still need to paint, finish registering, and a bunch of other stuff.

• Loading the player...
  • How can you post something like this and not post the recipe?! You are cruel.
  • haha, well it wasn't so much of a recipe as i just kinda winged it. I had seen a few different recipes and took bits and peices from each.

Pretty much i wound up popping 2 bags of microwave popcorn with no butter, and then put them in a big bowl. while that cooled, i put about 3/4 cup ish (i guestimated on most of it) of creamy peanut butter, 2 tablespoons of butter, and about a tablespoon ish of brown sugar in a bowl, and microwaved for 30 seconds. Stir, microwave another 30 seconds. It turned out really nice and smooth and creamy, which made it easy to pour over the popcorn in the bowl and then i just mixed it carefully with a wooden spoon to evenly coat

then i spread that mixture out in a thin layer on a baking sheet while i melted the white chocolate. I have no clue how much i actually used, because i had a bag of the nestle white chocolate chips, but i had eaten some already :) so i just melted what i had in the microwave (you have to be really careful and watch it closely if you use the microwave though because a few seconds too long and it will seize up). once it was smooth, i put it in a ziplock bag and clipped a tiny bit off the corner and drizzled it all over the popcorn.

then it had to sit for a while for the chocolate and peanut butter to set up again, but the actual prep time for it maybe took 10 minutes.

uh, yeah. so that might be hard to follow... sorry, i don't cook, so i don't really know how to write a recipe that someone else can actually follow

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"