Multiples
Options

Another co-sleeper/PNP question...

I was always envisioning that the boys would sleep together in the same co-sleeper or PNP (still can't figure out which is better, despite all the posts below!), but then I noticed another option: the Graco PNP with twin bassinets.  Doesn't this defeat the purpose of them sleeping 'together,' if they are split up into 2 bassinets and can't even see each other?  Is there some safety risk associated with having them sleep next to each other without a divider (like one could fall asleep on top of the other)?  I just thought of this and figured I better find out!
7/2009 - Gonal-F cycle #2 with Ovidrel trigger and IUI #5 - BFP! Twin boys born at 38 weeks 3 days! 8 months later...spontaneous BFP! And twins again! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Another co-sleeper/PNP question...

• Options

the nurses told us in the hospital that there is a danger of them sleeping together- if they are face to face and breathe in the carbon dioxide from each other = SIDS risk... they said if we did have them cosleep together that we should make one baby's face lower than the other and encourage turning to the opposite sides.

our boys slept apart from day 1.

most MoMs say the twin PNP is just a gimmick- nothing great about it.

• Options
    The twin PNP will only hold a 15lbs limit - total.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My guys are 6 months and still sleep together. I love it, they totally comfort each other and also entertain each other (while I'm busy making AM bottles)
    You are going to get split opinions on co-sleeping. I was told the new thinking about co-sleeping is they listen and learn from each others breathing sounds which is less of a SIDS risk. It's a personal decision.

IMO, The co-sleeper is good while they're little and don't move much. Once they've grown and they find each other, move to the crib or PNP. The twin PNP is too flimsy.
    A couple of weeks ago I posted to see if anyone had used a crib divider, and no one responded, So I don't think it's a popular item.
    GL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"