How tall is your 9 month old? — The Bump
Babies: 9 - 12 Months

How tall is your 9 month old?

DS at his 9 month apt was 19.6 weight and 27 height.  Pedi said weight was perfect but he was a little under average in height.  I casually mentioned it to DH tonight and he all freaked out thinking he might have a short son (I wasn't that worried so I never asked the Dr. what average height was for his age). 

What height is your 9 month old?

DH specifically asked me to go ask "those moms on the computer", ha!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: How tall is your 9 month old?

• 27!  I think he is 25%, but my husband is average (for a guy), and i am tallish) for a girl, so who knows where he will end up hehe
  • Well supposedly DS is 29 1/2 inches... but I'm not so sure he's that tall.  

Here's the CDC growth chart thing that you can plot your DS's height and weight on and see what percentile he's in.

http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/data/set1clinical/cj41l017.pdf 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • 27.5! That seems pretty average for this age, because I compare her all the time to the daycare kids! Stick out tongue
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DD hasn't had her 9 month appt yet, but at her appt around 6.5 months she was 27.5 inches which put her in the 98 percentile.
    imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Here is a chart where you can put in the info and it'll give you the percentages.
    imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• DD was 28'' at her 9 month appt. She was in the 60-something percentile.
  • DS is 30 inches (90th percentile) and he was 5 weeks early!  But, I'm only 5'1" and DH is 5'9" so I don't really think he's going to wind up super tall.  Kids go through growth spurts at their own pace.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Natalie is 27.5in. and 16lb. She's in the 50th percentile for length and the 3rd percentile for weight.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 27.5, which puts her in the 50th percentile. Obviously, the growth chart for girls is a little different.
  • 29.5 inches but she's tall for her age.
  • he just had his 9 month appt today and he is 30 inches so 80 percentile for height but only 20 percentile for weight.  Must fatten him up!!  He's not a great eater. 

I'm 5'8 and DH is 6 foot. we expect him to be on the tall side.  

• image Mrs.Wright07:
    Here is a chart where you can put in the info and it'll give you the percentages.

Thanks for this!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 29.25 - 75% percentile.  DH is tall so DS probably will be too.
    image Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards