Working Moms
Options

how do you get to work on time while PTing?

sorry for all my PT posts, but as you can tell, we are in the middle of it.

DD has the issue of going to the potty, then still feeling like she needs to go and sitting there forever. She throws a fit if we try to take her off.  I count to 30 to give her a time limit, but she still gets upset.  I'm pretty sure she doesn't need to do anymore since she just went.

At this point, this process is mostly at night.  I am dreading if this happens in the morning.  I guess you just wake up early to account for any potty delays?

oh and BTW - for those that read my last post, I talked to daycare and they agreed to move her to the next room after she turned 2.  I was worried they wouldn't have the room or would tell me it would be a few months.  So yay!  She'll be PTing at home and school at the same time.

Re: how do you get to work on time while PTing?

• Options

i put Carson on this morning literally right when he gets up so he is still groggy and he just sits there and goes but i think for boys the air hitting the penis might be a little different - sensation to go, he always wakes up with a "little suprise" so it is easy for him to go.

i would maybe allow for an extra 10 minutes (starting earlier) and get her on the potty when she is not totally awake yet and see what happens.  maybe try it tomorrow morning.  Carson dilly dallies on the potty at night too.

• Options

We have a night dilly dallier as well...in the mornings she usually has to go so bad that she just goes without delay (she wakes up dry from the entire night now).

But I do allow extra time now for the last minute delay before we leave the house.

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DD went through that phase. Luckily, it didn't last long, so it wasn't a major issue. We just had a week or two where we were running a bit late.

Just in general, you may want to start planning on delays in the morning Smile Since she turned two, if it's not a potty delay, it's a breakfast delay ("I want Kix!" "We're out of Kix." "I want Kix!"), or a hair delay ("No, please stop! I don't want it!" when I attempt to make her shaggy hair look somewhat presentable in a ponytail), or an underwear delay ("I don't want Dora underwear! I want Minnie Mouse underwear!"), or a clothing delay ("I want a skirt and tights! No, I don't want pants!"), or a shoes delay ("I don't want sneakers! I want pretty shoes!"), or a jacket delay ("I don't want a jacket!" and then the next day, when you attempt to send her off without a jacket... "I want a jacket!"), or a... well, you get the picture! I find it helps a lot to get up about 15-20 minutes earlier, and then I'm not rushed and can deal with whatever delay she decides to throw at me that morning!

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

• Options
    imageflyer23:

DD went through that phase. Luckily, it didn't last long, so it wasn't a major issue. We just had a week or two where we were running a bit late.

Just in general, you may want to start planning on delays in the morning Smile Since she turned two, if it's not a potty delay, it's a breakfast delay ("I want Kix!" "We're out of Kix." "I want Kix!"), or a hair delay ("No, please stop! I don't want it!" when I attempt to make her shaggy hair look somewhat presentable in a ponytail), or an underwear delay ("I don't want Dora underwear! I want Minnie Mouse underwear!"), or a clothing delay ("I want a skirt and tights! No, I don't want pants!"), or a shoes delay ("I don't want sneakers! I want pretty shoes!"), or a jacket delay ("I don't want a jacket!" and then the next day, when you attempt to send her off without a jacket... "I want a jacket!"), or a... well, you get the picture! I find it helps a lot to get up about 15-20 minutes earlier, and then I'm not rushed and can deal with whatever delay she decides to throw at me that morning!

LOL, this is TOTALLY my morning as well.

Or heaven forbid the one thing she wants is dirty, etc.  No honey you can't wear Dora underwear 2 days in a row, etc.

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageflyer23:

haha - yes we go through this too... Only ours is:
    "jacket" so I try to put it on her
    "No Jacket!" so I take it off
    "JACKET!!!!  JACKET!! MINE!!!"

• Options
    imageflyer23:

Oh yes, this is our house too.  Except with DD it's more that she wants to do everything herself which takes 10 times longer than if we did it for her.  So I allow PLENTY of extra time for everything.  For instance while I could put her clothes on in 30 seconds, I have to allow 5 minutes for her to put on her own underwear and pants before she'll let me help her finish up.  Every. Single. Thing. is like that. 

Regarding PT, the "sit on the pot for 10 min" phase only lasted a couple of weeks so that gets done pretty quickly.  (Quickly in toddler terms.)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I also agree that you need to add more time in the morning. My DD amazes me every day!

As far as the potty goes, I tell DD she can go at home, and then again at daycare. I've played up how great it is to use the little toilets at daycare - maybe a little too much since there are some mornings she holds it until we get to daycare, but then, her teachers can watch her while she sits there for hours instead of me.

The other thing that's helped me is using the timer on the microwave. When it beeps, she knows time is up. If I tell her time's up, she doesn't go for it, but when the microwave beeps, she knows time's up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"