D.C. Area Babies
Options

Daycare question

I am finding now in this pg that I am definitely more tired.  I try to get to bed earlier, but it just doesn't work especially when DH gets home late.  Therefore, when DS wakes up at 6am I am super crabby and can barely function.  Has anyone heard of a situation where a daycare person would come to your house for say just the morning (until noon)?  If so, how would I go about finding someone like this?

I think once DC#2 arrives I will need more help than that, but this would definitely help make me a happier person for now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10

Re: Daycare question

• Options

My neighbor has a mother's helper come almost every week day morning. She has 4 boys and the youngest two are 2 yr old twins (I cannot even image what that's like, yikes!!).

Anyway, I know the girl who used to come help her was a, early child development grad student at GW, but I'm not sure how they found her. Now they have someone new (the other girl graduated and moved away) and I think the old sitter, helped find the new one.

So yes, I know people do have part time daycare people come to their house, but I have no idea how to go about finding someone. But I bet you could check out sittercity.com and craigslist to see who's out there.

• Options
    Ditto the pp.  It sounds like you need a mother's helper.  Ask around your neighborhood, mom's group and any other groups/organizations you belong to.  You could also post an ad on Craigslist w/what you're looking for.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    D - I get recs for nannies/mother's helpers looking for opportunities all the time.  I'll forward any that look useful to you. 
  • Options
    One of my friends has used mommy-relief.com for a little bit and she said it helped her out a ton
  • Options

sounds like you need a nanny, you can do nanny-share with someone who wants one noon-later afternoon

but I'm not sure how to find one

• Options

I just want to say that I TOTALLY hear you on being more exhausted with the second pregnancy.  Word up.

It's great that you're looking for help - good for you!!!!  Smile

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"