Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Would you take a "conception-moon" while TTC?

Has anyone taken a trip (even just a weekend away) with the hopes of a BFP as a result?
[Poll]

Re: Would you take a "conception-moon" while TTC?

• Options
    I would LOVE a weekend getaway....but with building our house, we can't do it right now
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 12/19/08 m/c 12/26/08 4 weeks 5 days BFP 10/12/12 m/c 11/19/12 9 weeks...love you forever my angel babies!
  • Options

There are a lot of answers that aren't on that list...

1) We can't afford it

2) I O irregularly, so it would be almost impossible to time properly

3) Would love to, but don't have the vacation time

The list could go on and on??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DH and I haven't planned a specific weekend getaway but have said it a few times while we were away that it would be good to 'try' over the long vacay weekend.

• Options
    imagefloridakat:

There are a lot of answers that aren't on that list...

1) We can't afford it

2) I O irregularly, so it would be almost impossible to time properly

3) Would love to, but don't have the vacation time

The list could go on and on? 

ditto! I'd love to, but fall into the "can't afford it (money or time-wise)" category

• Options
    but hey - if you're considering letting us use our points like airfare miles then maybe we can get away for a while!
  • Options
    Where's the "Sounds like a fun idea" option?  I agree that planning for definite O time would be nearly impossible.  What if you O in the middle of the week?  Kinda cheesy.
    Mungee and Me
    How is it that my BABY is going to be 3?

BFP-2/25/11; 8 Wk U/S-3/25/11-No HB, measured 6.5 wks; D&C
  • Options
    We actually will be in FL on vacation the next time I should be around testing time (Christmas week) if my cycle is the same as last time around.  We didn't plan the trip because of TTC, but a BFP then would be nice!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Just isn't a practical idea.  How would you plan a trip to coincide with ovulation?

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

the trip we planned in august for a few weeks ago turned into one because it happened to be the time i was O'ing, and it worked. my mom also told me that i was conceived on a vaca to the bahamas. thanks mom, i wanted to know that.

unless you are super-super regular, it's hard to plan. 

• Options
    We take vacations, but never for the purpose of TTC. We just hope for a BFP whenever we have sex around O time - the location doesn't really matter.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagesmilelari:
    Just isn't a practical idea.  How would you plan a trip to coincide with ovulation?

I agree.  I O on a different day each cycle, so it would be difficult for me to plan a trip around O. 

imageimageimage
  • Options

This is the stupidest poll I've ever read.

Obviously the person who came up with this poll has no idea how to TTC.  Since couples without problems have only a 20% chance of conceiving any given month, you better have a sh*tload of money to keep up this habit.   And a high tolerance for disappointment. 

IVF w/ ICSI #2 - fraternal twins born December 2010 at 36 weeks.
  • Options
    It's not a definite plan, but I wouldn't be opposed to it. Worse case scenario: some alone time with DH. Sounds good to me!
  • Options
    Friend of mine just told me she was pregnant, and it happened on their vacation.  I know they didn't try to "plan it" that way.
  • Options

We were trying anyways and happened to have a perfectly planned weeks vacation. 

Guess what, it worked!! I found out Monday that we are pregnant!

• Options
    We're planning to go away over New Years - can't wait! I don't know if it'll coincide with my O, but if so, fantastic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"