Baby Names
Options

Middle name suggestions for Tate (boy)

I think we are pretty much decided on Tate for a boy (although I know it isn't for everyone)....We have a long last name (3 syllables), so we are thinking a 2 syllable middle name would flow best, any suggestions?

Leaning toward Tate Elliot....but DS #1 has Elliot as middle name (after DH and Grandpa), can I use the same middle name for both boys??

Re: Middle name suggestions for Tate (boy)

• Options

Dh and one of his brothers have the same middle name- why not?

I like Tate. Anything goes well with it- Tate David or Tate Scott go well!

• Options
    Elliott sonds great with it, I also like Tate Daniel.
    Finley Belle 12/27/07 Ezra Bennett 10/02/09 Josephine Pearl 12/31/11 H is for Hillman
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Aww. Elliott is my MIL maiden name and the middle name of DH and his two brothers.  I think it is neat that they all share a family name.

Other middle names could be:

Tate Alexander

Tate Nathaniel

Tate Mckinley

• Options
    I know I would want my own name seperate from my sibling. While Elliot sounds nice, if you used it already, pick something else.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a cousin named Tate Ryan.
  • Options
    I immediately thought Tate Andrew. But I like Tate Elliot, too. My nephew has the same middle name as his granddad and granddad's sister. My other nephew has the same middle name as his dad, which is also his Granddad's first name. My sister, has the same middle name that's been passed down to the first girl of each generation...I don't think there are rules when it comes to family names :)
    My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
    Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
    Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
    RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
    Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
    Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
    Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
    New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
    Cycle 9: Financial Break
    Cycle 10: Femara CD 3-7, IUI CD 17 BFP on 2/14/11, m/c 3/7/11
  • Options

Tate Elijah

Tate Nathaniel

Tate Douglas

Tate Edward

....Tate Elijah is my favorite tho Confused GOOD LUCK!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would not give my children the same middle name.  I like Tate Michael.
  • Options

i love tate but my first impression of tate scott was of Doc on back to the future saying "Great Scott!!" in his crazy voice.  just something to think about!

tate andrew is very nice.  i feel like the best middle name will be two or three syllables and not have the emphasis on the first syllable (to make it flow nicely off the tongue).  i can't think of any other example that fits this description other than tate monroe.  i'm not sure how i feel about monroe but i don't hate it initially.  that's the type of rhythm i'm talking about, though...  see how it flows nicely when said together?

• Options
    I like Tate Daniel and Tate Ryan.  I would probably do something other than Elliot if it has already been used...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"