1st Trimester
Options

What nickname do you call your baby?

Re: What nickname do you call your baby?

• Options
    "Gremlin" - That's what the doctor called the baby, so we kind of just kept saying it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DH and my Ma call her the dinosaur or alien.  I haven't really found anything to call her yet.....

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMonkey524:
    Our lil' parasite

That is what my DH started calling it.  Now it is little fishy, because he said I am like the fish bowl.  DH has an interesting imagination sometimes.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have been calling ours little peanut.  It stuck from the moment we saw him/her on the u/s for the first time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    tapeworm...its the first thing that popped  into my head when the extreme hunger started
  • Options
    Baby W.  Although, DH does refer to the baby as his "Little Guy".  He really wants a boy. 
    DS is going to be a big brother! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When we thought there was only one, we dubbed him/her "Hot Wing." I thought that was a nice, sassy food name. When the unexpected twin showed up, my husband said "Oh my God, a hot wing AND a drum stick!" So hence they are Wingy and Drummie.
  • Options
    Well my husband is calling the baby our "itty bitty wicker billy"  It seems to have stuck with the whole family as everyone is calling it that now.  Poor thing.
  • Options

We've been calling this one strawberry which started like a week ago when I found out that it's about that size.

My first one I called her Fredrick Frankfort Jones (AKA Fred) and always referred to her as she, even we didn't find out until she was born.  I don't know where I came up with that and her actual name is nowhere near it.

• Options

Rascal

My husband always joked about naming his first born Rascal after Rascal Flatts. He still wants it on the birth certificate, but has settled for a nickname, thank God!

• Options

My sister started calling it Burger, because it looked as though I had eaten a burger for the longest time. Even now with about 3 weeks until baby's arrival, I still only look about 5 or 6 months pregnant. So Burger has stuck. Some people at work have even started calling it that!

My husband on the other hand, has been calling it a Giraffe. He found out what we are having, and doesn't want to tell anyone, so for people to stop bugging him about it, he started saying it was a giraffe.

• Options
    Boomerang.....It's the meaning of her name
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Jelly Bean
  • Options
    my sister calls hers "fetus" .. I guess it's the doctor in her.. I guess I call mine "little bugger" pretty often because of all that it is doing to me.. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I wanted to call it JuneBug since it is due in June, DH thought that was lame but started calling it Bug. That has stuck, and I think it is cute :-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My husband started calling baby "Dino" as soon as we found out we were pregnant. ?It has stuck so far and even my parents and siblings refer to Dino whenever they are asking how I'm doing.
  • Options
    We're calling him or her sludge until they're born.  Just a nickname my husband has always liked for some reason...
  • Options

We are still TTC our first, but when we refer to the process we call it "Little Z" short for zygote. (As in, "I hope Little Z sticks this month"). I know it is technically only a zygote for a day or so, but we just think it's cute and gender nuetral. It will probably stick once Little Z does too!

On another note, my favorite has always been my friends Laurie & Jay's name for thier little one. When she was still inside they called her "Beowolf Overlord/lady" or BO for short . . . NICE!

• Options
    LM for Little Miracle.
  • Options
    Hmm.  Too soon for this one, although I have the tendency to call my unborn children my bundle of cells, my embryo, my fetus, etc.  With K we just called her the baby until she knew she was a girl, then she was Kate.
  • Options

I've been calling it Peanut.

• Options
    we call ours bug...short for love bug, or snuggle bug, or stink bug depending on the circumstance lol
  • Options
    During the first trimester, DH called it "Bob the Blob", and now has progressed to "Cletis the Fetus"... lol.
    Georgia Peach 87 image
  • Options

Munchkin.

Except on the days he still makes me really sick.  Then he's "The Leech." 

• Options
    We call the fetus our "little bun" and friends and family are starting to refer to it as that as well, which is very funny!
  • Options
    While I was pregnant we called baby "Peanut".  Once she was born it evolved into "Peanut Butter".

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Our baby is named Turtle.
  • Options
    My hubby calls our daughter Lamb and I call her Worm, not sure what this one will be called
  • Options
    My husband came up with Cletus....Cletus the fetus... :-)  It has stuck...I hope it is easy to stop calling it cletus once it is born though!  We are not finding out the gender so we wouldn't be able to call it by it's name before it is born...
  • Options
    We call it "The Shrimpy," or "The Shrimpy Man," or "The Shrimpy Girl." We don't know the sex so we just go with that. My MIL hates that we call it Shrimpy so we do it more! Haha!
  • Options
    since we are not finding out the sex, i have decided to call our sweet little baby "Pat" - after the androgynous snl character!  
  • Options
    I'm calling it whatever size it is that week according to the little growth chart.  Last week it was "Sweet Pea" and tomorrow I'll call it my Blueberry!
  • Options
    Mine are Pinwheel 1 and 2 (twins).
  • Options

After our first sonogram, my hubby was looking at the picture and said, "It looks like a gummi bear", so thats what we call our baby, gummi! He even downloaded the theme song to the old gummi bear cartoon and uses it as his ringer!!

• Options
    BF called him "Little Buddy" one day and it just stuck.  My poor dog is so confused, though, since he was the original Buddy :D
  • Options
    This is our first and we've taken to calling him/her Nugget.
  • Options
    We call our little guy "nugget".  he looked like a chicken nugget in the first U/S and it just kinda stuck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    its my little baked bean

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"