Alabama Babies
Options

T&P's needed

I just got a call from Aubrey's pediatrician telling me that one of her newborn screens came back positive for the possibility of cystic fibrosis.  I am waiting on a woman in B'ham to call me back to set up an appointment to go down and get her tested there.

This doesn't necessarily mean she has it, it could mean she's a carrier.  Me and Wes are also going to be tested to see if we are carriers.  If one of us is, then all it means is that Aubrey is a carrier as well but does not actually have the disease.  If we are both carriers, then it probably means she has it.  There are varying degrees of it as well.

I could use some T&P's.  I am scared and trying to find out what I can about it.  

Re: T&P's needed

• Options
    Praying that everything is ok with Aubrey.  I'll be praying for you and Wes as well.  I'm sure it's scary not knowing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
    DD born 8/9/10
    TTC #2 since 8/2012
    CP 12/2012
    dx MFI 10/2013
    Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
    Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
    Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
    Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

• Options
    Honey, you have mine.  I hope she doesn't have it. ((hugs))
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You will all be in my T&Ps and please keep us updated!
  • Options
    oh Candi, I'm sure you are scared and rightfully so.  Just wait and see what the tests and drs say.  I hope everything is ok, saying prayers for Aubrey!!!!
  • Options
    I am definitely praying for Aubrey! I hope all the tests come back fine!! I will be thinking about you!! HUGS!!!
  • Options
    I will definitely keep all of you in my prayers! I hope she doesn't have it, please keep us updated!
  • Options
    I will definitely pray for her and hope everything comes out ok.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Options
    t&p's headed your way!
  • Options

T&P's to you guys!

• Options

Oh Candi - that must be super scary!  First thing though, PLEASE, step away from the computer - google is NOT your friend when it comes to this stuff - all it will likely do is scare you more than you already are!  There is a ton of medical mis-information out there!

I am definitely praying that it is either some sort of false positive or that she is only a carrier and will not have any serious issues.   Please keep us posted and I'll be sending lots of thoughts and prayers for all of you!

• Options
    imagelisap_30:

First thing though, PLEASE, step away from the computer - google is NOT your friend when it comes to this stuff - all it will likely do is scare you more than you already are!  There is a ton of medical mis-information out there!

I agree with this. I had a positive screen during my prenatal care for Open Neural Tube defects (Spina Bifida).  I started searching and decided to stop until we knew for sure, and I would only research it if the definitive ultrasound had shown anything. Thankfully it didn't, and it will save you a *little* worry until you know for sure.

• Options
    t&p's headed your way!
  • Options
    Oh my goodness.  I'll be sending T&P up that she doesn't have it. Left Hug
    Siggy coming soon....
  • Options
    t&ps...I hope everything turns out fine!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Y'all are definitely in my prayers.
  • Options
    You guys will be in my t&ps.
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers coming your way! I hope that everything turns out well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"