Philadelphia Babies
Options

Paoli Hospital vs Bryn Mawr Birth Center

I am currently trying to decide where to give birth.  I want to go natural (at least that is the plan.)  So I would love to hear about anyone's experiences at either location.  Specifically what resources does Paoli have to support natural labor (tub, ability to walk around, birthing ball or stool?) Thanks

Re: Paoli Hospital vs Bryn Mawr Birth Center

• Options
    I was induced at Paoli so I was stuck in a bed attached to monitors and I was lucky if I was allowed up to pee.  They do not have tubs, just showers.  I imagine they will support you in natural though I would get a doula if you went with Paoli.  BMBC is more open to natural birthing, obviously.
  • Options
    While I wasn't induced at Paoli, I was also hooked up to an IV, which ruled out walking/birthing ball. No tubs, unfortunately. I had a good experience at Paoli, but I have also heard nothing but good things about the birthing center. I wasn't really committed to natural, I would check out the birthing center. That being said, after thinking I would be going natural, I was all about the epidural, and was happy to have the option!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageKLF01:
    That being said, after thinking I would be going natural, I was all about the epidural, and was happy to have the option!

Oh, me too!  Labor sucks!

• Options
    I was also induced at Paoli and on bedrest so I can't speak much for that. The care I received was top notch, though! I did plan a visit to the birth center in Bryn Mawr early on in my pregnancy and though it sounded like it was right up my alley, when I went to visit, it really wasn't my cup of tea. Have you planned to go to an orientation or scheduled a time to go check it out?
    imageBabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Bryn Mawr has a better NICU- gotta think about what's best for baby too!  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    On the NICU point, my daughter was sent to DuPont 12 hours after being born.  In the meantime, though, Paoli's NICU was fabulous in taking care of her.  Her situation wasn't dire or an immediate emergency, though.  But they do everything they can do and will send your child to either Bryn Mawr or DuPont for their NICU's.  The care at Paoli was fantastic and there isn't one thing I would have done differently.
  • Options
    Contact me in another month. I will be delivering at Bryn Mawr Birth Center.  DH and I love the experience so far.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"