1st Trimester
Options

Brown discharge? Sorry a little TMI for Sunday afternoon...lol!

Hi girls!  So.......last night I noticed I had a little brown discharge and then again today.  It's very light and almost not there, but I am a little scared after already experiancing 1 m/c.  I feel fine, limited cramping like normal, and the usual 6 week pg symps.  Should I be worried?  I had my first u/s last week, but at only 5 W 4 D we only saw a healthy yolk sac.  I don't go again for 2 more weeks.  Anyone else experiance this type of discharge and is it normal?

Thanks =)

Re: Brown discharge? Sorry a little TMI for Sunday afternoon...lol!

• Options

I had some brown discharge around week five of my first pregnancy.  Mine eventually became a little heavier and more red, but everything turned out fine.  My son just turned one.  :)

Really try not to stress about it.  Bleeding or spotting is actually very common during pregnancy and most women will progress through their pregnancies without additional issues.

Good luck!!

• Options
    this happened to me earlier this week.  i was kinda freaked out and called the on-call.  they set me up with an appointment the next day just to be sure.  also turns out i had a yeast infection.  i don't know if that had anything to do with it.  turns out everything was ok with me and baby.  call your doctor just to be sure.  no cramping is a good sign, but call the doc just to be sure.  good luck!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had brown spotting in the past. From what I hear, you should not worry unless it turns red or if there is severe cramping. Mine only lasted a day or two, and I have been fine ever since. It seems pretty common.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    i have this as well. called the doc, bc it started with some faint red. i see her tom, but she thinks that it may be an infection.
  • Options
    Good Luck! I hope all goes well.
  • Options
    Yes!! Started having it last Monday (the day I found out I was pregnant). I've had it everyday since and sometimes it is barely any and sometimes it is like discharge in my underwear. Never enough to soak through a pad or even pantyliner but has me sooooo freaked out. I am going to the Dr. tomorrow for my first appt.and can't stop thinking negatively. Dr. office said it should be ok but I am still worried. Most of what I've read does say brown discharge is old blood and is fine as long is there is no bright red with lots of cramping. Glad to know others have had this! Read something today on babycenter.com that said it is the uterus stretching and very common in 1st pregnancies. Hope this helps, good luck and try not to stress (I know it's hard!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"