Georgia Babies
Options

Moby Wrap Question

I am trying to pick out a good carrier/wrap/sling.....i always hear good things about the Moby. My only concern is the length of the wrap. I'm only 5'2'' - is this thing going to drag on the floor or be too bunched up when I tie it at the waist? I was also looking at the Hotsling.....any thoughts/reviews on either product?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moby Wrap Question

• Options

I have both, and I'm only 5' (with shoes on). If you can afford it, I recommend both because they are better suited for certain things. I use the Moby constantly at home. It is VERY secure. There isn't any extra fabric b/c you wrap it around you about 4 times total. They do make a shorter version that is only 5 meters vs 5.5 meters. Check out mobywrap.com.

The hotsling is better for quick outings b/c it is fast and easy. If I could only get one, I'd get a Moby. Much more versatile. You also might want to look at Mei Tais

The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • Options
    Thanks Joelsgirl! I appreciate the feedback! I think I will definitely get the Moby wrap and if money permits, get a hotsling too....maybe I can find a used one...Im gonna start watching craigslist. Thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just got a moby and love it because I'm on 5'2". I also love my ergo and it works with my height as well. Definitely watch craigslist, they're always on sale there.
    Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • Options

If I had to do it over again I'd get a Moby and an Ergo.  (I had a Moby, a BabyHawk and an Action Baby Carrier). 

The Moby will be great for winter - keeps you warm.  What I liked about it was that I could wrap it at home before going out (in the beginning it's a little awkward, so it's nice to be able to be awkward in the privacy of your own home). The Moby will be great for a few months, and then you will probably want to switch to a Mei Tei type carrier. 

I still use my ABC, and Sam is already two - I think the Ergo is a little more functional, though.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"