May 2014 Moms
Options

NBR: Random entertainment

Have you seen this video circulating the interwebs? It's a woman who supposedly imitates common accents, but does it in gibberish, implying that is what those languages sound like to foreigners. I can't attest to the quality of the accents, as I only know English and a little Spanish. What do you think? 

Also, would it be inappropriate or funny/entertaining to learn how to say, "I can understand you," or "I know what you are talking about" in multiple languages just to freak people out, when you don't actually know what they are saying? I might find it slightly hilarious, but I'm not sure I'd ever do it myself.   

Moving on, if you are bored or just have a funny, interesting, or entertaining video you would like to share with the rest of us, feel free to link it!
Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: Random entertainment

• Options
    A friend of mine's ex was from Bangladesh and she learned how to speak Bengali relatively fluently.  She overheard a group of men talking about her (something about being too skinny or something) on the bus one day and totally called them on it in their language!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kat8805 said:
    I can see why my cat has more love tits than you....

image May '14 Siggy challenge
  • Options
    Well, uh ok. Perhaps you can share your UO in a little thread we have called UO. I really think things can go places there for you.

imageimage

• Options
    edited April 2014
    CopperPoppy said: Well, uh ok. Perhaps you can share your UO in a little thread we have called UO. I really think things can go places there for you. *WHERE IS MY QUOTE BOX?* 
    What exactly is unpopular about what I posted? It is someone else's video that I thought was interesting, and posted for entertainment and opinions on. Or was it my comment about learning one sentence of another language? Either way, neither does any real harm to others. If those things are offensive to you, I guess you aren't a fan of prank shows. While some
    can side on being a little tasteless, they can be funny depending on the given situation. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    Actually, the only sentence of Portuguese I know is "I don't speak Portuguese."  That seems way more useful than having my only sentence be "I can understand you."
  • Options
    kat8805 said:
    I can see why my cat has more love tits than you....

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options

Well, uh ok. Perhaps you can share your UO in a little thread we have called UO. I really think things can go places there for you.

*WHERE IS MY QUOTE BOX?* 

What exactly is unpopular about what I posted? It is someone else's video that I thought was interesting, and posted for entertainment and opinions on. Or was it my comment about learning one sentence of another language? Either way, neither does any real harm to others. If those things are offensive to you, I guess you aren't a fan of prank shows. While some can side on being a little tasteless, they can be funny depending on the given situation. 

Well that's kinda my point. It's just a weird thing to throw out there. I don't really get the point of the video. And there seems to be a lot of room for unpopular opinions to be aired out.

Don't get me wrong I could use some good reading material while here on bed rest.

That girl almost has a talent, like this thread almost has a point.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"