Breastfeeding
Options

2 1/2 month feedings

Just curious how often everyones LO's feed that are around 2 1/2 months.  My DD will go longer in the morning, but afternoon she starts feeding every two hours.  I am always worried about my supply, so just curious.....

Re: 2 1/2 month feedings

• Options

My LO is fairly consistant.  Her eating basically goes like this:

5am-dreamfeed (we are both asleep)

6 - 2oz EBM

10:30 - 3.5oz EBM

1:30 - 3.5oz EBM

4:00 - EBM

6 - nurse then 1.5oz EBM

sometimes she snacks in here a little

8 - nurse, 2oz EBM, then nurse to sleep

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemeganandgabe:

6 - 2oz EBM

6 - nurse then 1.5oz EBM

LOL, I have a dream feed with her too!  Does she sleep from 8-5 then?  I usually have a last feeding at 10:30 and then she'll sleep until 6.  Also, do you work, is that why its EBM during the day?  If so how much are you getting at each pumping session and when do you pump.  I was wondering how much she should be eating now when I give her BM in a bottle, because I thought 2.5oz would still satisfy her, definitely not!!  I think I get about 3-3.5 oz when I pump in place of nursing.  Sorry so many questions!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is fairly consistent as well.  5am - 5pm he eats every 2-3 hours (usually every 2 but occasionally 3), 5pm - 9:30 he eats every 1.5 hours and then he will sleep from about 9:30 to about 5am.  So at 10 weeks he is still eating 10 times/day. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageTessaTru:
    imagemeganandgabe:

6 - 2oz EBM

6 - nurse then 1.5oz EBM

LOL, I have a dream feed with her too!  Does she sleep from 8-5 then?  I usually have a last feeding at 10:30 and then she'll sleep until 6.  Also, do you work, is that why its EBM during the day?  If so how much are you getting at each pumping session and when do you pump.  I was wondering how much she should be eating now when I give her BM in a bottle, because I thought 2.5oz would still satisfy her, definitely not!!  I think I get about 3-3.5 oz when I pump in place of nursing.  Sorry so many questions!

She usually falls asleep around 8:30-9pm and sleeps until 5.  She gets a little fussy so I nurse her (we bedshare).  I do work and so I pump throughout the day.  I usually get about 2.5-4oz per session.  I try to pump once in the morning, every 2-2.5 hours at work, and twice before I go to bed.  I usually end up with about 20oz at the end of the day.  DD has never gotten enough from the breast even though I have enough milk so I have to supplement with EBM after each feeding.  3.5 seems to be the perfect amount for her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"