Parenting
Options

XP (2nd tri) Coughing so much I'm puking - suggestions?

19 wks pg.

Nothing seems to be helping, especially now that I have been puking, all that I can think of when I cough is puke.  And I do not have m/s anymore by at least a month.

I had the flu, have had it for over a week and all that is left is this incessant cough.  Like I can't catch my breath coughing sometimes. 

I called OB yesterday because I was going to a dinner I couldn't cancel and didn't want to cough through it. They said Robitussin DM. It did NOTHING. I also have taken Tylenol #3, which I still have around from last pg when Dr. prescribed it to me for coughing during a cold that made my ribs hurt and I couldn't sleep. Even that is not helping.  I haven't slept for more than 2 hr stretches in days.

I want to get through tonight and stop puking.  I really think the puking started because all oculd think about at the time was this horrible smell from the vacuum when the belt broke today. I do not think the puking is fro actually being sick, just the coughing/smell combo.  There is not smell anymore except in my head.

Long background, sorry.  I've tried honey, might try vicks on the feet like we do with kids, tylenol #3, sudafed and Robitussin DM.  Anything else, even a hint that is not medication?

Re: XP (2nd tri) Coughing so much I'm puking - suggestions?

• Options
    Do you have a shower?  Go sit in a hot shower with the fan off and steam. 
  • Options
    I had that when I was in my 2nd tri too. The only thing that helped was Mucinex.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Little kids often puke when they have croup.  Is it possible you have croup?
    promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Options
    I think someone posted last year to give kids jello that was made with hot water and not set.  So it was like a syrup.  It coats the throat.  Might be worth a try if you have some jello in the house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Is it possible you've developed a secondary infection on top of the flu? Like a bronchitis or pneumonia?  I know this sounds wierd, but lastyear I was coughing so much I was puking and it turns out I had caught Whooping Cough.  Hope you feel better soon!

• Options

Huh.  I'd hate to go to the dr. a 3rd time.  I should just go to the OB.  At least they aren't afraid of pg ladies.  I've been twice for this flu. Or whatever this is.  The first time they tested for swine and strep.  Neg.  The 2nd time I got this other doc who said she doesn't give anything other than salt water to pg ladies and if it's not strep or swine, I'm fine.

I finally went on antibiotics because I begged the OB.  I told the crunchy salt water lady I had a sinus infection and she ignored me. Once I started taking antibiotics the gunk started coming out of my nose and eye.  No more gunk except when I wake up, (every time I wake up though, which is frequently.  Just this non-productive cough.

The shower did help settle my stomach, although I still imagine I smell that smell and I'm still coughing. I've got the humidifier going in my room and some vicks waiting for me up there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"