Trouble TTC
Options

Nest Anni - can I ask you what the purpose of this board is?

As you can see there are only about 10 posts (after getting rid of all the idiot posts from the first night). Mostly posts from people who used to lurk/post on the real t-ttc (AKA - Infertility) but got lost and couldn't find us for a minute or 2.

So why the need for confusion? Please - get rid of this board or name it something else and let people take over if the want. We do not need to seperate the community like this.

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view

Re: Nest Anni - can I ask you what the purpose of this board is?

• Options
    Sure.  This board is meant to be a place for those who are in between the beginning stages of TTC and infertility.  Those on the infertility board have expressed frustration with questions from people who haven't been trying that long or have no diagnosed issues, so this board is where people in that stage can discuss TTC.
  • Options
    Why the separation, though?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageNest Anni:
    Sure.  This board is meant to be a place for those who are in between the beginning stages of TTC and infertility.  Those on the infertility board have expressed frustration with questions from people who haven't been trying that long or have no diagnosed issues, so this board is where people in that stage can discuss TTC.

So what then is TTC 12+24+36 (you choose the number) months or Getting Pregnant about? 

Serious, not trying to bust balls or anything. I am just very confused. 

Oh and have it be said that people over on Infertility have no issues with people who have not begun treatment yet and are curious about the process (I feel that needs clarification)

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options

I think the problem is that TTTC starts at the same time as infertility -- 12 months or with some sort of dx.  Maybe you could reconsider and rename this board something that would reflect your intention?

ETA:  I can see the need for a place for people to go when they are getting to the point that it really hurts/sucks/is frustrating that posters on GP are getting pregnant their 1st (or 2nd or 3rd) cycle trying.  I just don't think that place should be called TTTC.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

There really isn't a "place" between the beginning stages of TTC and Infertility. They are two very different things. Youre either starting on the road of some kind of IF treatment or you are not. Sometimes the diagnosis may come after a cycle or two of lets say clomid. Even if that diagnosis ends up being unexplained IF.  Actually, there are a good number of people without a particular diagnosed issue, but after trying several cycles of doing everything in their power, then they turn to medicine. 

IF/having trouble does not = having to chart and/or use OPKs.  That is simply getting to know your body better to improve your chances of conceiving.   In reality, every woman should know the simple ins and outs of ovulating, luteal phases, and pin pointing their fertile window. 

for people that have questions who haven't been trying that long or have no diagnosed issues, they fit fine on GP or BOTB.  That really isn't a stage. No need for this board to sit here with the title TTTC and be nothing but a reprsentation of confusion.   It's more like, "youre probably healthy, at least to your knowledge, you just need to learn simple female biology".

And we (the majority anyway) had no problem whatsoever with questions from those just starting out or who were simply wondering when they should be concerned or should seek help. But at the same time, there is no harm in answering/helping them but also informing them that we talk a lot of technical stuff about ART and that if they weren't ready to embark on that journey, they would probably get more out of the other boards. We welcome lurkers and new people, but simply ask that certain respects and considerations are taken.

• Options

Isn't that what Getting Pregnant is for?

NA, At the very least I think you need a permanent sticky or info box at the top of each board explaining the "differences". Especially since trying to conceive for 24+ months = trouble trying to conceive/infertility, at least in a definitional sense.

The Nest seems to be splitting hairs with the board names and it's obnoxious.

Oh, and let's not even talk about how un-fun it is to have the toddler board named something almost identical to the TTC24+ board. Way to make things really unnecessarily awkward.

• Options
    I agree with pp's. There is GP and BOTB for those with questions about charting, OPK's, etc. Most of them are very familiar with TCOYF and recommend it frequently. I know there are many of us recently pregnant after IF who would love to have a place to chat with others about what to expect without having to see posts listing who got pg on their first month of trying. That is difficult for most of us to hear after having spent multiple years and thousands of $$$ on treatment. SAIF is a great place, but it seems like the posts are related more to BF, nap times, and conceiving # 2. I look forward to the day I can join these discussions, but for now I don't have much to contribute. What about letting this board be for "Pregnant after IF"? Anyone else agree? TIA for listening.
  • Options

imagearmywife76:
    What about letting this board be for "Pregnant after IF"?

Have you looked here?  That IS a Pregnant after IF board.

TTC #1 - Cycle 29 - BFP!! 03/05/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Blog BFP Chart Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageNest Anni:

People who haven't been trying that long should be referred back to GP to learn the basics and/or be patient. Those with no diagnosed issues are still welcome to post on IF, because, if they have been trying to 12+ months (or 6+ post 35), they fit the definition of Infertility. If they fit the description of IF and want to hang out in an envoirnment that is sensitive to the plight, yet is more lighthearted go to what is currently "TTC6+12+24+", but should be changed to "Struggling and Snarky" or whatever.

And, yes, I do feel like a broken record.

• Options
    Rachel:  Yes, I mentioned that in my post, but a separate board might be more relevant to our specific issues/discussions. Actually, the Tri boards have more of the answers we're looking for, but like I said, you have to weed through the "oops" pg posts, which is a hard thing for a lot of us with IF to do. Just a suggestion.
  • Options

imagearmywife76:
    Rachel:  Yes, I mentioned that in my post, but a separate board might be more relevant to our specific issues/discussions. Actually, the Tri boards have more of the answers we're looking for, but like I said, you have to weed through the "oops" pg posts, which is a hard thing for a lot of us with IF to do. Just a suggestion.

Why can't the parents on SAIF move to the parenting boards for the general parenting-related stuff.

Parenting after Loss/IF/35 is really just parenting. Yes, there are some differences, but those can be discussed on the general Success After boards. No sense in further segmenting out.

• Options
    imageyogisunam:

imagearmywife76:

Why can't the parents on SAIF move to the parenting boards for the general parenting-related stuff.

Parenting after Loss/IF/35 is really just parenting. Yes, there are some differences, but those can be discussed on the general Success After boards. No sense in further segmenting out.

I definitely can't speak for SAIF, but I do know they are an awesome, tight-knit group, bonded by months/years spent in the trenches of IF on the original TTTC. Success after IF to me ultimately means to have a live baby in your arms. For those of us newly-pg after IF, we are clutching our pregnancy in a tightly-closed fist, knowing that at any moment it could be over. The current parenting boards don't apply to everyone, nor do they address the specific issues that moms who have overcome IF are bonded by. I try to steer clear of controversy, but thought since it was a brand new board, what better time to make a suggestion ?

• Options
    imageyogisunam:

imagearmywife76:

Because the general parenting boards are often very snarky bordering on downright ugly and seldom have anything to do with "general parenting-related stuff."  

Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• Options

Well, I had posted on the infertility board and was pretty much attacked because it was a question about a BFP.  I was pretty disturbed actually because I am 35, have been trying for 3 years, and just had my first cycle of IVF and all I was looking for was some people going through the same emotional roller coaster that I could talk to!  This website is, after all, called THE BUMP.  It would stand to reason that you come here for things related to getting a bump! 

Perhaps they should put something on the inferitility board that says they don't want people who are going through IVF or have trouble TTC, cause that was a pretty hostile environment.  I am hoping that this message board is more what I am looking for. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"