Cleveland Babies
Options

surprised.

I took a pregnancy test last night, not worried that it would come out positive. I've had irregular periods for a while, and I would take them just to make sure. I used Clearblue and the word "pregnant" was clear as day. I took two more just to convince myself.

I just got married a month and a half ago. I'm 10 years younger than he is, and we certainly didn't plan this. He is so excited. (He's been through this before; he has a daughter from a previous relationship) Honestly, I'm terrified. I'm the only daughter in my family & I don't have any friends that are pregnant or have children.

If the math is correct, I got pregnant on my honeymoon! Someone please tell me that everything is going to be okay.

Re: surprised.

• Options
    Congratulations! It's overwhelming, but great news!
  • Options

It will be okay.  Honestly, it will be.  You're shocked, and scared, but it will work out.  If you got pregnant a month and a half ago, you're probably about 8 weeks along by now--call your doctor and set up an appt.  You'll be able to see the heartbeat by now! 

Congratulations on your marriage AND your pregnancy!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats!  Its overwhelming at first!  I have a similar story...got married in May '09 and got pg in June and were shocked!!   We honestly expected it to take much longer and had really just barely started "TTC"....DH is 10 years older than I am too and divorced but this is new to him as well since he didn't have kids in his first marriage. 

Anyway...not sure how old you are...but the Pregnant after 35 board is awesome!!!   The ladies are so supportive and not a lot of drama, as you might get on the other boards.

Good luck and post on your progress!

Me-38, DH - 48 | DD born 3/17/10 | BFP 4/29/11 - M/C 5/31/11 Blighted Ovum | BFP 12/18/11 CP - 12/27/11 | Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ooops - just noticed on your profile that you are only 23 so the Pregnant After 35 board is not for you (although they would never throw you out!)...but regardless you'll get a lot of support on the Tri boards....I was totally freaked out at first too!  :0) 
    Me-38, DH - 48 | DD born 3/17/10 | BFP 4/29/11 - M/C 5/31/11 Blighted Ovum | BFP 12/18/11 CP - 12/27/11 | Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Everything will be fine! Try to enjoy this time as much as you can!
  • Options
    well yayy! Congrats!
  • Options

Congrats!!!  I was a bit suprised when I found out I was pregnant... my son will be 8 1/2 when the baby is born.  So much has changed since he was born, I feel like I am new at this!

Everything will be fine!  Being a mom makes everything that much better!  Enjoy!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"