Special Needs
Options

***EnglishMajor***

Thanks for the feedback about the periactin. I am going to ask the ENT about in on Monday.

Did it cause Parker to be more sleepy? Any other weird side effects you remember her having?

I'll be sure to keep you updated! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ***EnglishMajor***

• Options

She definitely conked out for an hour or so after she took it, regardless of the time of day (ie- an hour after she woke up in the morning).  Also, after about the third day on the medication she got kind of rashy/blotchy around her mouth; almost like an allergic reaction.  Our doctor told us to stop the medication indefinitely because of it.  But DH and I were so desperate, and the medicine was starting to actually work, that we waited about four days and then medicated her for another three or so.  This schedule controlled the reaction to the medication and also continued to increase/maintain Parker's appetite. 

The medication was prescribed for use two times a day (every 12 hours) but we ended up just doing a morning dose.  When we gave her the night dose it didn't really have an effect on her eating the next day.

The only other thing we noticed from the medication in terms of a side effect is that she did get listless/zoned out for a little while after the dose- even after her nap.  Almost like if you were to take Benedryl.  But, that probably should be expected because Periactin in an anti-histimaine.  Also, as FYI, because of the reaction Parker was having I asked our GI if there was another stimulant we could try and she said this was the only one. 

Good luck talking with your ENT about it.  I hope you get your way!  

• Options
    You've been so helpful, thank you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"