Baby Showers
Options

Decorate a bib?

I want to do this for my SIL's shower this weekend...I bought a bunch of plain white bibs at BRU, but they are terry and I know it isn't the easiest to draw on...I have heard the puffy fabric paint takes forever to dry...does anyone know about this...are the fabric markers OK? any recs? tips?

thanks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Decorate a bib?

• Options
    The markers might make it not as "clean-looking" since it'll catch on the strands of the terry fabric.  Have you considered decorating onesies instead? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What a cute idea!  Would a hairdryer help with the paint drying issue?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My side of the family threw a shower for me this past weekend - they had sent onesies ahead of time in the invites (along with a cute poem my grandma wrote) for people to decorate.  Everyone loved the fact that they had time to get ideas & work on the onesies, instead of being rushed to do it at the shower.  Everyone was so creative, and every single onesie came out very unique, so they weren't influenced by the other shower attendees when doing their own.  Some were cross-stitched, some had iron-on transfers or patches, some were embroidered, and some were painted with the really nice fabric paint pens.

If you still have the time, I HIGHLY suggest sending the bibs to people ahead of time, and then the mom-to-be gets to pick her favorites.  They will turn out MUCH MUCH better.

• Options
    imageSoon2B-Mrs.McC:

My side of the family threw a shower for me this past weekend - they had sent onesies ahead of time in the invites (along with a cute poem my grandma wrote) for people to decorate.  Everyone loved the fact that they had time to get ideas & work on the onesies, instead of being rushed to do it at the shower.  Everyone was so creative, and every single onesie came out very unique, so they weren't influenced by the other shower attendees when doing their own.  Some were cross-stitched, some had iron-on transfers or patches, some were embroidered, and some were painted with the really nice fabric paint pens.

If you still have the time, I HIGHLY suggest sending the bibs to people ahead of time, and then the mom-to-be gets to pick her favorites.  They will turn out MUCH MUCH better.

• Options

Sorry dont know what happened...anyway...I think that is a fantastic idea.  Thanks for sharing. 

• Options

I had made a post about a week ago about doing this for a shower.

I purchased the bibs from Ikea and they too were one side terry, the other side smooth cotton which had the tab on it. 

The fabric pens I bought at Wal Mart worked perfect on the smooth AND terry side.
    You can cut the tags of off the smooth side if you would rather have that side decorated.

The bibs I bought were velcro closures so it really doesn't affect the way you put it on the baby.

Some ideass to get the ladies creative juices flowing (some people have a hard time thinking of stuff):

Mommy's Lil Piggy
    Cookie Monster...Nom, nom, nom!
    Feed Me
    Yum-O
    Milk does a baby good, with a cow drawn on it...that was the cutest!

GL!

• Options

At my shower, everyone decorated onesies and it turned out really cute.  They used the fabric markers and had stencils that they could use to more 'professionally' decorate them.  They turned out really cute!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"