Boston Babies
Options

Birthing Classes on the South Shore

We are almost 5 months pregnant and are planning to deliver at Beth Israel in Boston. I understand they offer classes through Isis Maternity, but the Needham office seems to be the closest... and that's not even that close to us.

I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for great birthing classes near Hingham, Norwell and Scituate? Thanks!

Re: Birthing Classes on the South Shore

• Options

Hi! I am 5.5 months and have been on the search too. Check your insurance company's site. They may have something there that may help.

Be careful about going into Boston for delivery though. I was planning on doing Brigham and Women's in Boston but someone brought up a really good point. It's going to be winter and there may be a storm and in perfect weather and traffic it would take 45 min for us to get there. I'm now planning on South Shore Hospital in Weymouth and it is beautiful. I went on a tour of their unit and they have a level 3 NICU which means they can care for babies as young as 28 weeks. The rooms are nice and the staff seems nice.I just wanted to throw that out there ;)

• Options

Check out the classes at Mama's Move in Norwell. 

Good luck!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    SouthShore Hospital should offer birthing classes. Check with your insurance company, some reimburse you for the class fee.
  • Options
    We're actually taking a birthing class at the South Shore Hospital right now and really enjoy it (I was surprised my husband does as much!).  It's $140, but my insurance reimburses $90 when we complete it.  They have weekend ones, an all day one and then week nights.  We go once a week on Tuesdays from 7-9 for 6 weeks, the last half hour is yoga too - it's really interesting and different!  I was my sister's labor coach and did an all day one with her and I don't feel that I retained much of the information so I recommend the spaced out classes just as a side-note!  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"