3rd Trimester
Options

Convo b/w DH and I about carseats...

Me: I don't want to wait for the last second to deal with the carseat... you can install it while I am in the hospital, but I want to take it out of the box before then to wash the cover.

DH:  You can't wash the cover

Me: ::blake stare::...umm but everyone the The Bump does... why can't I?

DH:  There is a flammability standard on the carseat, you can't wash it, you will compromise that standard.

Me:  Right... I would hate for LO to spontaneously combust and know that if I had only not washed that carseat cover....

Haha sometimes it stinks to have a DH who is a carseat expert... he gives his opinion ALL the time. Stick out tongue

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Convo b/w DH and I about carseats...

• Options

I didn't wash the cover before DS used the carseat.

And ask your expert DH what happens if your LO pukes all over the seat, or has a diaper blowout and there's poop in every crevice. Sit in the poop and maintain the flammability standard, or wash the dang thing?

• Options

Well, he's right.  Except you can wash them, you just have to follow the directions.  Ours has to be handwashed.

It's important because if there were ever a bad accident and the car caught on fire, that flame retardent that they put on it needs to be there!

So it IS okay to wash, but you have to follow the directions in the manual.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageGRKaters:

And ask your expert DH what happens if your LO pukes all over the seat, or has a diaper blowout and there's poop in every crevice. Sit in the poop and maintain the flammability standard, or wash the dang thing?

Haha I asked and he said "there must be care instructions that don't include 'wash'"... He is looking them up now.

• Options

Ok, I'm not one to wash a carseat cover before it's ever been used, but please tell me what your DH plans to do the first time the cover gets runny baby poop all over it? (which will probably happen within the first 2 weeks of use) how about spit up?

And once to the toddler stage, how about 10oz of curdled cows milk puked up seconds after she drank it and so fresh that it's still cold but thoroughly curdled and stinky?

And why do the instructions for my carseats all include washing instructions?

- Jena
  • Options
    imageAfterAll:
    imageGRKaters:

Haha I asked and he said "there must be care instructions that don't include 'wash'"... He is looking them up now.

LOL!

• Options

Chicco says that if the straps or cover are extremely soiled, call them and order a new one.

They can be washed on gentle with a mild detergent if need be... he said we are still not washing it.  Oh well.

• Options

Really, you can wash it.  Just follow whatever washing instructions are listed in the book :)

We have a Britax and you can wash almost every part of it, but hand wash with mild detergent.

We have a 3 year old and ours has never gotten that dirty.  We must be lucky.  LOL. 

• Options
    imageBrooke208:

Really, you can wash it.  Just follow whatever washing instructions are listed in the book :)

We have a Britax and you can wash almost every part of it, but hand wash with mild detergent.

We have a 3 year old and ours has never gotten that dirty.  We must be lucky.  LOL. 

Haha I am not too concerned.  I just yes him, since this is his area of expertise, and when the time comes that it needs to be cleaned, clearly I will be winning the washing argument :-)

• Options
    Well shoot! I already washed mine. Oh and I've washed my 2 and 4 year olds' carseats (they've had a few each so far). So far, so good!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"