Parenting
Options

Gah... DS's school closed tomorrow b/c of the fires :(

Oh, I sooo needed a day to myself tomorrow.  Damn wildfires and their smoke - grrrrrrr....

On a side note, if your DC's school closes b/c of weather or "acts of God" do you still pay for the day?  Are there "make up" days?

I hate paying for services we can't use (particularly b/c we were away for two weeks earlier this month and paid for those days, too).  Preschool ended up costing us $115/day this month :(

Re: Gah... DS's school closed tomorrow b/c of the fires :(

• Options
    REOMREOM member
    Ugh, so awful! Hopefully it will all be over soon!
    DD1 12.18.06 DD2 9.18.08 DD3 EDD 5.10.2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    #6#6 member

I feel your pain.  My kids pre school is closed tomorrow because the water in the county has some issues.  Im not sure what or why but its on the news that the water is not safe to drink or even bathe young children in.  So, all the schools in the county are closed.  They daycare we have taken the girls to a few times is even closed.  I had thought about taking them to DC and taking L to the hospital with me.  No go since they are closed as well.   

I had banked on the kdis being in school from 8:30-3:30pm so I could spend the day at the hospital.  My grandmother is having a double mysectomy (sp?) tomorrow morning and I really wanted to be there.  

So now while my grandmother is going through a very risky surgery for someone her age and health I get to sit at home with 3 stinky kids I cant even give a clean bath to.  :(  It says a sponge bath is ok so we may try that.  

As for you I hope they can get the fires put out soon.  That is much more scary than the water issues Im having.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageHooray2005:

Preschool ended up costing us $115/day this month :(

Holy cow, I hope that's a quality preschool - that's nuts!

Do you know of any drop-in daycares nearby?  This one (https://www.kidspark.com/default.asp) just opened not too far from me and I plan to check it out soon, but it would be a lot of driving for you - not much of a break!

• Options
    imageA-baybride:
    imageHooray2005:

Preschool ended up costing us $115/day this month :(

Holy cow, I hope that's a quality preschool - that's nuts!

Do you know of any drop-in daycares nearby?  This one (https://www.kidspark.com/default.asp) just opened not too far from me and I plan to check it out soon, but it would be a lot of driving for you - not much of a break!

LOL - we pay $350/mo for 2 days/week... but DS will likely only attend 3 of the 8 days this month b/c of our vacation and the fires.  Sigh... it's DEFINITELY not worth what we're paying for it this month!

Thanks for the link - I have to investigate some drop-in daycare programs - there have to be a few around here!  

Good to see you today :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"