fameonmain2fameonmain2 member
edited August 2021 in April 2022 Moms
Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Who was your country’s leader (president, prime minister, etc.) the year you were born?

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 8/30

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8+0, April 12

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: Sept 14

How are you feeling?: Feeling okay. The stomach uneasiness is worse in the morning, but it seems to go away by mid-afternoon so that's good. I'm anxious for my next ultrasound!

Rants/Raves: Today's my last day of summer - I start work tomorrow. I'm excited because this new gig is pretty much exclusively WFH, which cuts out a long commute for me and obviously I'll feel safer at home. Spending my last day running errands and loading up the fridge with food... how exciting haha.

Questions:  natm

GTKY: Who was president the year you were born? George H.W. Bush (sr.)
  • Options
    miss_lynn9miss_lynn9 member
    edited August 2021
    @fameonmain2 oh that's exciting about the job!! 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: April 27th maybe? 5+6

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM DD turned 15 months yesterday! 

Upcoming Appointments: my first MW appointment is on September 22. 

How are you feeling?: Ok. My stomach has been off for a few weeks I'm scared to go on long drives because I know I will need a bathroom at a moment's notice 😅 pretty stressed and emotional. 

Rants/Raves: Both: DH and I get possession of our new house today! Rant because we don't have a set date to move out. He's working 12 hour shifts 6x days a week. He only gets Saturday off so that's when I want to move but he refuses to ask for help until he knows I'll be able to pack the entire house by then. I don't think it's fair to ask someone a day before if they can help us move. 

Questions: None

GTKY: Who was president the year you were born? George  H.W Bush. And because I'm Canadian, Brian Mulroney was Prime Minister.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9 weeks and 1 day/ April 4

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments: final RE appt with ultrasound on Thursday

How are you feeling?: we announced to everyone on Sunday so that was fun. This is a very unexpected baby because I told everyone I only wanted two and they didn’t know I changed my mind

Rants/Raves: still feeling nauseated AF and I’m sick of throwing up at work

Questions: 

GTKY: Who was president the year you were born? Reagan
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 eek! How silly of me to only include American leaders 🤦‍♀️ Editing!!
  • Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD 4/13, 7w6d. 

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM, son is 3 and a half. So excited for a sibling, he has been asking for one.

Upcoming Appointments: First appointment is with the nurse and ultrasound tech on 9/7. 

How are you feeling?: Overall just tired. A little nausea which comes and goes. Sore boobs and terrible gas. My husband is already about to kill me from ny gas. 🙃 

Rants/Raves: Nope. Just can't wait for my first appointment.

Questions: 

GTKY: Who was your country’s leader (president, prime minister, etc.) the year you were born? George H W Bush

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  April 8 / 8 + 4

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments:  October 4

How are you feeling?:  Fatigue seems a little better, nausea still hits from time to time, but overall manageable.

Rants/Raves: I'm just so relieved that my first appointment went well yesterday.  After last year (first appointment that did not go well) I was just so anxious about it.

Questions: None right now

GTKY: Who was your country’s leader (president, prime minister, etc.) the year you were born?  Reagan
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 4/9, 8 weeks + 3 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: First timer!

Upcoming Appointments: Next Wednesday will be my first US appointment at 9 weeks + 4 days! I’m so excited and anxious for these next couple weeks when I’ll have my US and NIPT testing down to make sure baby is healthy! ❤️

How are you feeling?: I feel like I’ll jinx it if I say it: The nausea has improved. 🤭 It was unbearable for the entirety of week 6, eased up a little last week, and this week I’m cautious to say I can eat some of my normal foods again. I still gag if I try any chicken or veggies, and almost throw up every time I try to brush my teeth/tongue, but it’s like night and day compared to before. 😅 So hang in there sick mamas, it could get better for you soon!

Rants/Raves: I’m literally bursting at the seams not being able to tell anyone! Hubby and I agreed to wait until after the first trimester just in case. I’m already planning it out: I’m getting a “mama in the making” shirt with footprints on the belly, and planning to remove my sweater to take a “group photo” with the family so we can hopefully get everyone’s reactions recorded on video. 😬 It’s the first baby on either side of our family so I’m sure all of our parents will be surprised and thrilled!

Questions: I have such a hard time with bras. I typically despise them and don’t wear one unless absolutely necessary and leaving the house. However, they are soooo swollen and sore at this point I think I need some kind of support for home/sleep now. Do you second time mamas recommend padded/lined camis, purchasing nursing bras already, or something else entirely for this stage? I’m sure they’ll get bigger still so I’m not sure what to buy because I’m in this weird transition stage!

GTKY: Who was your country’s leader (president, prime minister, etc.) the year you were born? 1996– Clinton
  • Options
    @minnie_yoga_mama re:bras  I would suggest whatever you buy now- don't spend much on it.  It likely won't fit for long, so if you need something just for now go cheap.  If you don't normally wear bras though I think a lined cami might be a good option.  I know my nipples are super sore/sensitive right now so most things just feel horrible, so a little padding is nice.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    @minnie_yoga_mama I wore yoga nursing bras from Target from about 12wks through until I was done BF. Did have to size up at one point, but they aren't too spendy.
    https://www.target.com/p/women-39-s-nursing-yoga-bra-auden-8482-heather-gray-m/-/A-54179005
  • Options
    Bodily claims it will expand with you through pregnancy and nursing. I have one, it's very comfy and I believe they have 4 or 5 clasps so you can expand it pretty well. There are usually discount codes on the interwebs - I think I used mamaste fit's code. 

Hanes also has some extremely cheap sleeping bras on Amazon that won't work at all for nursing but will work for pregnancy to just sleep in. 
  • Options
    @minnie_yoga_mama Kindred Bravely has a lot of good options. They were highly recommend in my first BMB group. I bought two of them. Sadly, they no longer ship to Canada.

This is one I sleep in and used for nursing. 

https://www.kindredbravely.com/products/organic-cotton-nursing-sleep-bra-grey?variant=19415467229280

This was more of my every day bra. 

https://www.kindredbravely.com/products/simply-sublime-nursing-bra-mocha?variant=39246741962848

I also agree with @shlecks that what you buy now likely won't fit later on. Maybe try looking for something second hand? 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: April 24 - 6+2

Upcoming Appointments: First US for RE tomorrow morning. Nervous!

How are you feeling?: Just starting to get a little nauseous - worse in the PM. Otherwise just tired, a little dizzy and cranky.

Rants/Raves: No major rants I can think of today.
    Rave - My dad is out of anesthesia and doing well. ☺️ Phew!

Questions: For anyone on PIO - is there a point where your RE changes to suppositories? I think mine may if I ask after tomorrow's US, but maybe it's easier to just keep going with the injections. 🤷🏼‍♀️

GTKY: Who was your country’s leader (president, prime minister, etc.) the year you were born? Reagan
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8+6, Apr 7th

Upcoming Appointments:
    > Sept 9th to meet with Genetic Counseling. Given my history of a complicated pregnancy and the significant amount of genetic testing we did with DS we all thought it would be a good idea to meet with Genetics.  DS has Alpha thalassemia (blood condition that is tested during newborn screening) but he doesn't seem to be impacted by it. He also had a variant of unknown significance that could be attributing to his growth issues (highly unlikely though).  
    >Sept 16th for my second MFM appt. I don't think I'm getting an ultrasound or anything, but not sure.

How are you feeling?: Overall pretty good. Some exhaustion, but not debilitating. Still some rough evenings feeling like crap, but I expect that to continue for a while. It continued all the way to 15 weeks with DS.

Rants/Raves: We finally told DS about the baby. He's very excited and wants to tell everyone that we have a baby coming. He's been really adorable talking about all the toys he's going to share. He wants to name baby "Junior" haha. I also have switched over to my new nursing bras and these boobies are much much happier!

Questions: None at the moment

GTKY: Who was your country’s leader (president, prime minister, etc.) the year you were born? President was Reagan, but the first president I really remember was Clinton.
  • Options
    @minnie_yoga_mamaI’ll just repeat what everyone else is saying and recommend getting something inexpensive now because your size will definitely change. I noticed my boobs were less sore during the day if I wore some kind of support at night. I lived in these soft bras from Target. https://www.target.com/p/women-s-nursing-2pk-pull-over-seamless-sleep-bra-auden-8482-black-soft-petal-pink-s/-/A-54174609

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 
    4/28, 5 + 5

FTM/STM/TTM+: 
    STM, DD is 6yo

Upcoming Appointments: 
    First OB appointment is 9/13!

How are you feeling?: 
    Physically, just so fatigued. It’s pretty frustrating but I’m trying to be gentle with myself since I’m 7 years older than when I went through my first and I can’t expect it to be exactly the same. Mentally, I wish I could tell everyone but I just don’t quite feel ready yet. I had a friend invite me to go scuba diving and I had to tell her I’m scheduled to work that day.

Rants/Raves: 
    Natm

Questions: 
    Mmmmm nope

GTKY: Who was your country’s leader (president, prime minister, etc.) the year you were born? 
    Reagan
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9+1 / April 4 (@kiwi2628 I looked for your post to copy because I can't ever remember now :D )

Upcoming Appointments: meeting with my OB on the 10th to just go over physical and history? I guess? Because she was on vacation for the ultrasound? I'm not really sure since the other OB didn't seem to think this OB was my OB?

How are you feeling?: Today I feel really good so far. Every day is a new adventure, though, and I usually feel like shit by dinner. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: I'm very concerned about my mom's health but I'm trying not to get my umbrella out before we know anything. She had colorectal surgery for a benign but very large tumor in 2011. She was supposed to get colonoscopies every 3 years after, but she only went once, so it's been 7+ years. She's experiencing some constipation/urgency symptoms out of the blue, and it could just be regular constipation, but she eats a vegan high-fiber diet so it's not that common to have constipation. She's 73, so it's just scary overall to think about her mortality. She comes over EVERY day, and she is truly DD's best (and really only because of the pandemic) friend. Rave: I'm freelancing more, and I thought it would be a huge burden - and it kind of is - but it's also really helped my mood. I don't think I realized how bored my brain has been as a SAHM in the pandemic. I was just feeling like I had no purpose - or even worse, no utility, and no option to get back into anything. But this place I used to freelance for reached out, and I totally can still function in these roles and hold my own, etc. It doesn't feel at all like 3 years have passed since I've done this work. It is just, I don't know, reassuring. And it makes me feel less panicked about DH randomly losing his job or something - I could never make close to what he makes, but at least I could make SOMETHING, you know?

Questions: 

GTKY: Who was your country’s leader (president, prime minister, etc.) the year you were born? Reagan :s the mastermind behind basically every shitty policy in existence now. 
  • Options
    @aloha_mama I LOVE those bras!!!  They were a total life changer and such a good deal!  

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: due April 2nd.  9wk +2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM 2 girls, 14mo &14yr

Upcoming Appointments:  first MW next tue! I'm super excited cuz they delivered my 14 mo old after a last minute switcheroo due to covid.  Gonna be so different doing the whole pregnancy with them!  

How are you feeling?: Finally feeling pregnant!  I tried grocery shopping this morning and baby is definitely making it's opinions known! Everything I normally like completely disgusted me, and I craved food I normally hate.  Pregnancy is so weird!!!  Oh yeah, and exhaustion like I didn't know was possible.  Im always super tired while pregnant, but I also usually have extreme morning sickness, unable to keep almost anything down and losing weight like crazy, so it made sense.  I didn't realize you could just be exhausted from the actual baby.  It's a very strange feeling. 

Rants/Raves:  struggling with the body issues.  It's like, 50% of the time I love my body.  It's a freaking rock star that made 2 humans and is even feeding one now! But then I look in the mirror and don't even recognize that person.  With my oldest I got all these cute clingy maternity dresses from a friend and I LOVED how the highlighted my bump.  This time they just highlight all the rolls! Really ruined my happy morning of pulling out the maternity box 😩

Questions: why wont baby let me eat chocolate!?!? 

GTKY: Who was your country’s leader (president, prime minister, etc.) the year you were born? Regan 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 4/16, 7+3

Upcoming Appointments: Just had my first ultrasound and blood draws yesterday, will have a phone appointment next week, and I am so excited! I got to hear the heartbeat and I felt SO relieved!

How are you feeling?: I've been pretty nauseated the past few days and could only stomach carb-y foods and eggs, and I've been pretty exhausted. I had a friend send me some peppermint candies and ginger snacks which has definitely helped!

Rants/Raves: Rave -- Getting my first appointment done was such a relief and made everything seem so much more real. I've been super busy the last couple of days, so I haven't had a chance to fully digest everything, but having the pictures make my heart feel so full! Rant -- work has been so stressful (it usually is this time of year) and I have definitely had a much shorter fuse than usual. I'm try to remind myself to laugh off the craziness, but sometimes the hormones/nausea/hangry/general uncomfortableness takes over!

Questions: None at the moment

GTKY: Who was your country’s leader (president, prime minister, etc.) the year you were born? Ronald Reagan
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: April 29/ 5 + 4

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM (Boys 6 and 3)

Upcoming Appointments: Not til Sept 20! And its telehealth! I was annoyed by this but the hospital's vaccine mandate for staff takes effect Sept 30 so at least at my next appt I can be pretty confident (unless they have an exemption) that everyone I'm working with is vaccinated. 

How are you feeling?: A little sick in the morning but it passes. Not hungry or having any interest in eating for most of the day then hunger kicks in hard. Sore boobs. 

Rants/Raves: In the process of getting my entire Math Lab organized with my new para and its looking amazing. I have this entire week to make the space one we can work in and maintain and I'm excited for that. Rant: It's going to be 71 and cloudy for our lake beach day on Friday-the whole school is going and I'll be assigned a class-but it gets harder when its cold because everyone is bored and doing shenanigans, lol. 

Questions: Will everyone's insurance cover the NIPT, and will it cover finding out the gender? I always do NIPT but never the gender because for some reason in the past adding that has made it way more expensive. We've always paid a little for the NIPT but thinking about going for broke on final baby and finding out the gender, too. But I don't REALLY want to go broke doing it, lol. 

GTKY: Who was your country’s leader (president, prime minister, etc.) the year you were born? For some reason this made me feel really old- Reagan. But like someone else said the first I remember is Clinton. H was Carter, which blew my mind. I mean we're not "old" but in my mind those guys were presidents SOOOO long ago!
  • Options
    @SmashJam my insurance (BCBS of IL) covered NIPT (gender didn't make a difference for it - it covered it regardless) even though I was under 35. I was told that very, VERY few insurances will cover if you're under 35 (for any reason). My insurance this time will not cover it so we'll pay OOP and it'll be like $500.

I'd double check that your insurance cares about the gender part or if it's somehow a different company your OB is ordering through? Our OB in NYC just ordered Mat21, and it automatically comes with the gender, and they can take it off the thing they give you manually if you want them to. 
  • Options
    @todzillamom my 4th wouldn't let me eat chocolate either.  It was actually the thing that made me buy a test.  I made a big bowl of chocolate ice cream and was like...🤢. And that was the "oh it's totally a baby" moment.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5 and change, April 28th

FTM/STM/TTM+: 5th time (girls 7 and almost 6, boys almost 4 and 2.5)

Upcoming Appointments: I need to call the stinking midwife already

How are you feeling?: Tired and sick.  My boobs are super sore.

Rants/Raves: 
    Rave: we started homeschool this Monday and it has MAJORLY cut down on the fights and argents between the children.  We might become year-rounders after this. (Just kidding, they would kill me.)

Questions: none

GTKY: Who was your country’s leader (president, prime minister, etc.) the year you were born? Reagan

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: April 10, 8+2

Upcoming Appointments: September 9th

How are you feeling?: Nauseous, it's much less on my days off from work I have found. I hadn't noticed any extra exhaustion that the rest of you ladies were talking about so I was thinking that maybe I'm just so tired all the time that I didn't notice baby tired, but the exhaustion hit me this week. I took lots of naps on my day off. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: I know weird dreams are normal during pregnancy but I'm a little worried that my baby is going to be a serial killer. I have dreamed that I was walking through a medical area while working and saw a dead body, I dreamed I was walking down the street and saw someone hanging themselves and I had to cut them down, I dreamed I was a man and I wanted to kill my father and I used another guy to cover it up and followed through with 2 murders. And I've had a few others I can't remember now. My friend has graphic sex dreams while pregnant. Why can't I have that? haha. 

Raves: We told our families this week, mostly because it was probably the best timing we were going to get with everyone in town somehow. Our families were more supportive than I was expecting, my family can be a little judgy. Everyone was a lot more excited than I thought they would be and it was a relief. My partner got a snapchat of his dad mowing the lawn with a grin on his face after he found out. 

Questions: none right now

GTKY: Who was your country’s leader (president, prime minister, etc.) the year you were born? George H.W. Bush.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: April 5, 9+1

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments: I'm doing bloodwork next week, and NIPT the following week; no midwife appointment until the first week of October

How are you feeling?: I started taking a B6+ginger vitamin several times a day, and it's been a game changer. I'm still dealing with waves of nausea, but it's not constant, so much more manageable. I've also been exhausted and cranky, and two toddlers don't help

Rants/Raves: I pulled out and washed all of my maternity clothes, and decided to wear some maternity work pants today, even though it's early... best decision of the day! I'm loving the soft and stretchy waist, instead of my normal pants :) 

Questions: 

GTKY: Who was your country’s leader (president, prime minister, etc.) the year you were born? It was an election year, and Brian Mulroney beat John Turner; for the American's, Reagan was president.
  • Options
    @dinomeetsjedi when I was prego with my DS I had a dream that my sister's roommate was cutting people's hands off and mailing them to me. She was super weird and creepy in real life so that really freaked me out when I woke up. I'd definitely take sex dreams over that!

I had a stressful work dream last night so of course I've been panicked all morning.  :(
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: April 12 / 8+1

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments: 1st prenatal/ultrasound on 9/8

How are you feeling?: Having ups and downs with symptoms. This week, SO much excess saliva! Nausea is under control. Appetite ranges from wanting bland crackers and bubbly water to eating 2nd and 3rd breakfasts.

Rants/Raves: Just listened to this song by Amanda Palmer today and it gave me ALL the feels and tears. Be warned. Pain is hard, but beautiful. We aren't alone. https://youtu.be/bDk7CNsQqUk

Questions: 

GTKY: Who was your country’s leader (president, prime minister, etc.) the year you were born? Ronald Reagan
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6w+5d, April 22

Upcoming Appointments: first appointment with doc isn’t until 9/22… on my birthday 😭 

How are you feeling?: on and off kinda queasy, tired, bloated, and trying to keep my calm🧘‍♀️

Rants/Raves: so… had to take time off of work because my son’s daycare is closed for 3 days before Labor Day for training. Had to attend a meeting today because some guy decided to set a meeting on a day I’m sure I said I had the day off for. I told him twice after that I was off and he didn’t respond or attempt to reschedule. Of course this was a meeting with a vendor I needed to be at before we sign a contract. BTW we were having it this week so HE can rest easy on his 2 week vacation. 🙄 Luckily my 3 year old was barely a distraction and watched tv pretty well during it. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Who was your country’s leader (president, prime minister, etc.) the year you were born? No clue lol
  • Options
    Hey @knottie843b0d1dfa676158, if you can, change your username to something a little more memorable so we can get to know you more easily!
  • Options
    @jennykatedvm mine kept me on injections through 12wks the first time, and we're doing 10wks this time, but the dose was decreased at 8wks, decreased again at 9. so I went from 1mL to .5 to .25. I know your appt was yesterday. Hope you got the answer. 

@SmashJam I'm AMA and my insurance did NOT cover my NIPT, but most of those companies offer some kind of assistance and will greatly reduce your bill if you take a survey or something. Like doxie said the Mat21 automatically includes gender. 

@dinomeetsjedi oh no! those dreams sound so stressful. I hope they get better or you start to have more pleasant dreams. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 4/3, 9+4

Upcoming Appointments: had and u/s and visit at the OB yesterday. everything looked good and is measuring right on track and hr was 184. next visit is at the end of the month

How are you feeling?: I have a horrible headache and have for days, allergies? stress? lack of sleep? atmospheric pressure? idk.  I just wish it would go away. 

Rants/Raves: rant&rave: our power had been out for 5 days due to the hurricane, but it was finally restored. I'm back to work, but it will be nice to be back in my home. Rave: baby was moving a lot during yesterdays u/s. the tech even laughed and commented on it, she said baby was "dancing." 

Questions:  Anyone taking Xyzal? I took zyrtec last pregnancy and switched to Xyzal since then. They have similar active ingredients and the Mothertobaby fact sheet didn't list any concerns. I asked the RN yesterday, but she didn't get back to me.

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 04/13, 8+1

Upcoming Appointments: None for a while. I switched jobs so I won’t have insurance for 1 month. 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! I started taking Unisom and B6, and it seems to be helping the nausea. I also told family this week, which was really exciting. 

Rants/Raves: moving sucksssss.

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Who was your country’s leader (president, prime minister, etc.) the year you were born? George HW Bush

@Blondesweety444 Junior is so much cuter than “fart,” which is what my DS suggested for a name 😂

@doxiemoxie212 Sending healthy vibes to your mom ❤️
  • Options
    Hey @knottie843b0d1dfa676158, if you can, change your username to something a little more memorable so we can get to know you more easily!
    Yea forgot to change my name 😅 like many other things daily lately