Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Why did this upset me so much?

I work in admissions at a college. One of my new students is 19 and has a beautiful baby girl. She brought her to every appointment and every time she came in I wanted to curse the world and cry. Today was class start day and as I was walking her up to class she showed me her daughters new professional pics. They were beautiful and I told her so. She offered me one, which I graciously (I hope) accepted. Then I came down to my office and cried to myself. I feel like a hateful hag because it's not this poor girls fault I lost my baby. And she doesn't know I had a m/c 4 weeks ago. Sometimes I want to wear a t-shirt just so people will take all their gooey-happy feelings and shove them up their arse.

Wow. That is so not like me, but I feel much better.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Why did this upset me so much?

• Options
    imagejohannaknip:

just so people will take all their gooey-happy feelings and shove them up their arse.

I am so with you on that one.  I'm sorry that situation upset you, but it would have upset me too.  I feel like everywhere around me, people are talking abou their babies and I just want to yell, "shut up! shut up!" 

TTC #1 since 7/08 After 3 years, 2 losses, 3 rounds of IUI, and one round of IVF, we finally have our dream come true! DS born 7/30/11

TTC #2 off and on since 7/12

• Options
    I understand how you feel.  Even 5 months later after losing baby Grace I cant look at baby pictures.  Its awful..  I have twice said to people who were showing me baby pictures "You know I just lost my baby girl a couple months ago so baby pictures are hard for me to look at.  No ill feelings meant, its just hard for me and please respect that"  I hope that isnt rude, but its really hard to look at and go goo goo ga ga over pictures of a baby that was never wanted to begin with.  *sigh*
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

agreed 110% with PPs. I want nothing to do with babies right now. I think that is ok, it's only been 4 weeks.

Just had an acquaintance come up and tell me that his GF is pregnant and due in March. (I was due 3/3/10). When I told him that I had also been pregnant and was due in March, he said, "I know, so-and-so told me." WTF? Then why do you come up to me and the first thing you tell me is that you are expecting when you KNOW that I just lost one????? Instead of saying, "Hey how are you doing" or "Hey I am sorry," nope, brag about your own damn fertility. Sounds logical. 

I know a lot of the time it is unintentional, but I also wish I could wear a shirt so that people would just back the eff off. 

• Options

Im sorry....its so rough being out in "normal" society with strangers and acquaintances who dont really know whats going on in your life. I hate feeling like I need to have a happy face on all the time when around people that Im not really close to, but yet also feeling like they "expect" me to be a mess......I dont know its random and confusing. Le sigh... Tongue Tied

And I dont know what it is but I swear the population of pregnant women and newborns seems to have tripled lately...they are everywhere!

• Options
    I know, it's really hard.  I have 3 extremely pregnant coworkers I see all the time, and 3 close friends that JUST had babies...... and I see and here about them all the time.  No one knows about our pg or m/c, so DH and I are just polite all the time and happy for our friends, but inside, it does sting.  I think it's to be expected.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"