Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Lots of little clear jelly-like crystals in baby's diaper?

What the heck are these? Noticed them last night and also this morning. Should I call in and ask or is it normal?

Re: Lots of little clear jelly-like crystals in baby's diaper?

• means the diaper is super saturated... I see this a lot with the generic diapers. It is from the stuff that absorbs the wetness.
    Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • imageCHI-06:
    means the diaper is super saturated... I see this a lot with the generic diapers.

Not just generic diapers.

I've gotten it with Huggies and Pampers when DD sleeps longer than usual at night.

Ashley & Jeff Married since August 2007 BFP Cycle #16, Clomid 100mg DD #1 born on March 25, 2010 TTC #2 as of May 31, 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • When they get too wet, the stuffing in the diaper comes out.
  • Yeah, it's just the gel that absorbs moisture.  I get it if he pees a TON, regardless of what kind of diaper he's in.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i noticed this once too, it wasn't alot, it was like 1 little jelly thing..
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i saw it in a huggies diaper today

• You may need to change the diaper more often.  I get this with DS overnight.
  • Like others said, it is from the diaper being too full.
  • OK, so it's normal. Baby slept longer last night which enabled me to actually sleep pretty well - normally he's up every 2 - 3 hours and he actually had a 5 hours stretch. I was in such a deep sleep that I didn't even wake up to wake him up to feed him until then!

• yeah for sure just a really wet diaper this happens often with us as well.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"