Breastfeeding
Options

When did you stop waking baby?

When did you stop waking baby up to nurse and start just going by his or her cues instead? I know I'm not there yet but she seems to be self-regulating for the most part already and I'm pretty much expecting a good weight gain report tomorrow at her doc. apt.

Re: When did you stop waking baby?

• Options
    Once he was back up to his birthweight & his jaundice was clearing the pedi gave me the OK to just feed on demand & not to wake him, he was 12 days old.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMrs.Teddy:
    Once he was back up to his birthweight & his jaundice was clearing the pedi gave me the OK to just feed on demand & not to wake him, he was 12 days old.

This. I got the OK to let him sleep as long as he wants today at his 1 month appt. I would ask your pedi.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We got the okay when he had reached (and surpassed) his birth weight. He was 5 days old. It came with the caveat that we shouldn't let him go longer than four hours during the day though, but he's never done that! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    After his 2 week appt. our ped. said to feed him every 3 hours at least during the day and to let him wake us at night. So after 1 rough night, he eats every 3 hours until 10pm and then sleeps until 4 or 5 am.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
    Birthday
  • Options
    Our pedi said after he was 2 weeks and back to his birth weight.
  • Options
    After we came home from the hospital we did not wake her up to feed.  But she did not let it go more than 3-4 hours until after her two week appt. so I really saw no point in waking a baby that would not feed well.  My baby has feed well from the start when she is the one telling me she is hungry but if we were to wake her she would not latch and eat well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"