Special Needs
Options

Do you ever stop blaming yourself?

I am having one of those days when I look at DD and break down. The guilt and worry and anxiety just overwhelms me. I did everything right in my pregnancy. I know it wasn't my "fault" but the guilt for what DD faces is just completely overwhelming. I hate having a label on my child. I hate that she won't have a "normal" childhood. She's just a child and doesn't deserve this.

I wish with all of my heart that I could take her problems and make them my own. To start life with such challenges makes me feel sick to my stomach for her.

Re: Do you ever stop blaming yourself?

• Options

I hear you.  I think many of us have felt this way at one time or another.  And I know that every single one of us wish we could take our child's difficulties away if we had the power.  I totally understand your feelings and would trade places with my son in a heartbeat if I could.  Unfortunately, that is not possible, however what I can do is work my hardest to give my son the best possible chance in life despite the difficulties facing him.  Big hugs to you.  I am sorry you are having one of those days. 

imageimageimageimageimage 9/07 m/c baby boy @ 18wks, 4/09 m/c @ 4.5wks
  • Options
    (((hugs))) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know how you feel.  I've been having days like these for the past month, since DS was diagnosed with autism.  I wish you all the best for you and your family ((hugs))
    _____________________________________________________________________________

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

• Options

I know exactly how you feel and I'm so sorry. Just try to be strong and happy for your little girl so that she knows/senses that mommy is happy and all is right in her world. :-)

Our DS is blind and so many times I've wished to give him my eyes. The discovery stage is so so hard b/c we keep finding out bad news.  Try not to get down on yourself too much.

DH put it this way to me once when I was whining about why this had to happen to us, why DS had these problems etc. He said "Do you think these white trash people could take care of a baby like Sawyer? Do you think they could love and provide for him as well as we can? We were given him for a reason and we have to honor that commitment and responsibility." So true.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"