Houston Babies
Options

prenatal vitamin question

Do you really need to take the ones you get at the OB's office?  No, not TTC, not pregnant...just budgeting.  Mine cost $40+ last pregnancy and I guess I'm wondering if I will some day need the fancy kind or if the Target type vitamins are the same thing. 

Thanks!

Re: prenatal vitamin question

• Options
    imageKelleyA:

Do you really need to take the ones you get at the OB's office?  No, not TTC, not pregnant...just budgeting.  Mine cost $40+ last pregnancy and I guess I'm wondering if I will some day need the fancy kind or if the Target type vitamins are the same thing. 

Thanks!

I take the fancy kind because I know they won't upset my stomach.  I did take the cheapo iron pills because the fancy prescription ones made me want to barf. I also like that they have the nice coating.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My OB just told me to get the otc ones. You can buy them at Target very cheap.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been on the Target ones for the past 4.5 years, through TTC, infertility and both pg. While pg I also take the Expecta DHA supplement. They work fine for me and my OB had no issues with them.
    - Jena
  • Options

Check into HEB. I get a free years worth if you sign up at their pharmacy with their card.

I take prenatal plus and they do not bother my stomach.

• Options
    I took OTC ones.  Until this pregnancy.  My doc prescribed a RX that has increased amounts of b6 to help with the nausea.  Yeah, it's 60 bux a pop.  I'll definitely be going back to the OTC ones once this lil girl makes her appearance!  He had absolutely no problems with the OTC ones, but did prescribe extra Folic Acid when I had my last checkup and he knew we'd be TTC in the next year.
    ~*~Jenn~*~
  • Options
    I have some Targets one that I couldn't stomach. I only took them for about a week so the bottle is basically full. I just have a super sensitive stomach. Do you want them?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I took Target PNVs. When those ran out, I grabbed One A Day Prenatal + DHA because there were on sale + coupon. They're more expensive for only 30 days so I'm going back to the Target brand.
  • Options

OTC should be fine, unless your OB (or your stomach) says otherwise. I just use the Target brand.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageErika&Brian:
    My OB just told me to get the otc ones. You can buy them at Target very cheap.

Goodness, I missed your announcement!  CONGRATS!!!!

• Options
    Thanks gals.  I never thought to ask last go-round and I don't know that I'll be in the OB's office before we TTC. 
  • Options
    My ob feels that OTC are fine for nursing but that the folic acid in the prescription ones is more easily absorbed and better for TTC and pregnancy.
  • Options
    Another Target brand user.  My OB gave me a bunch of free samples that I took but once I ran out I went back to the Target ones.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"