North Carolina Babies
Options

Frustrated about choosing a new pedi...

I have decided I think I want to change pedi's... Mine is fine, but that's just it--just "fine." I always feel slightly rushed, and feel like they have too much of a conservative way of thinking than I like (and I'm pretty conservative/mainstream with most things baby related, so that's saying something.) I don't need excessive warm fuzzies, but some would be nice, ya know?

I know several of you have recommended Jeffers & Mann, but I'm apprehensive about such a large practice. And others you guys have recommended are in Raleigh, and while that isn't super far away, I'd prefer to find one in Cary. 

How do you choose? Just pick one whose website you like, and go from there? I don't want to hop around, but how will I know until I try some out. I dread the idea of trying like half a dozen doctors, or more, to find the right one. That idea is what has made me stick with the one we're at for this long...

I guess if I'm going to have to hop around, it's better to do it now, and to find one by the time she really knows what's going on. I want to have one that she'll like and be comfortable with.

Ugh...I'm clueless. Any thoughts?

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: Frustrated about choosing a new pedi...

• Options
    We go to Cary Pediatrics near the Harris Teeter on Kildaire. We've been really happy with them thus far. While it is a big practice, they have been really good about getting DD appointments with the same doctor so we can create a history. We have had to bring her in a couple times last minute and at we've seen the nurse practitioners, but they've been good too.
  • Options
    I am not much help, because my Jeffers and Mann office in WF only has 3 docs and I see the same one each time that I love. But I do like the practice a lot. They do an info night each Monday. I would call over there and ask to meet with then. It is for expecting parents, but at least it would give you a feel.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Have you thought about taking her to the doctor at your DH's work? You could check, but it might be free. Me & DH go there and our dr visits are free (no copay). Free is my *favorite* price to pay for stuff.

• Options
    imageMrsMcJamie:

Have you thought about taking her to the doctor at your DH's work? You could check, but it might be free. Me & DH go there and our dr visits are free (no copay). Free is my *favorite* price to pay for stuff.

We have considered this.. But I *think* the doctors there are regular GP doctors, not specialized in pediatrics. I've just felt iffy about it. We have taken her in there to check for an EI, visited their LC, and would take her in a heartbeat for any other sick visit. And yes, it's all free. I haven't gone myself before, but they are DH's primary care provider. I was told they weren't accepting new patients right now for primary care (so I can't switch to them, but you can still go there for sick visits), and I havent' been sick, really, but I'd go there too.

But, I just feel weird about them being her primary doctor. What if DH loses his job (God forbid) or quits working there by choice, and we're back at square one? I just wonder if she'd get the same kind of specialized care that she would at a "real" pedi. Eh.. I don't know. For me, I have no qualms with going there, but I really kind of wanted to establish a pediatrician that she'll grow up with. 

• Options

I'm not really much help if you don't want a Dr in Raleigh, but I've decided to use Oberlin Pediatrics. I think I visited every Pedi's office in the area and they were the ones I meshed with the best and I liked that they weren't a HUGE office but still had a lot of Dr.'s (8 I believe).?

?

• Options
    We go to white oak and use Dr. Kelly and love her. It is in Raleigh though right near rex hospital. I love that I never feel rushed with her and there are 5 doctors so its not too small or too big. Good luck making a decision.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Would you ever consider a family practice. I go to Carolina Family Practice and Sports Medicine and really like it. Obviously, it's different from a pediatrician, but it's a place that could grow with her.

https://www.cfpsm.com

• Options
    Hughes, you definitely want to choose a place that specializes in pediatrics.  There may be things that come up that regular physicians are not familiar with but pediatricians would be.  I can't give you specifics.  However, if you would like, I can talk to my sister and then give you a few. 
  • Options

We love North Raleigh Peds, but I'm not sure that's convenient to you in Cary-it's off Creedmoor Rd. We love them-5 drs, 1 LC, and evening and weekend hours. I've seen all 5 and have nothing but good things to say about them.

https://www.northraleighpediatrics.org/

• Options

Thanks everyone... yeah, I definitely want a pediatric practice, not a family practice, and I do want to stay in Cary if I can... you'd think that would narrow it down some, but it's still difficult to choose!

I'll check out Cary peds--thanks lmc!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"