Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

PSA: there seems to be some confusion.

will everyone please stop saying "if you can fit into juniors - then do it, girl!!!"

juniors are not just for "skinny" people. they go up to at LEAST a 14 or 16. stop spreading the misconception that if you are thin, the juniors section is where its at! *finger snap* bc its not. larger people can make those bad decisions as well. 

//thanks, management.

Re: PSA: there seems to be some confusion.

• Options
    Thanks, Punk.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Options

true

I'd like to add:

grown women in teeny-bopper clothes look ridiculous. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Remembering Christopher
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i occasionally shop there at least you know that if a 6 is too small but an 8 is too big then go to the juniors section and get a 7.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You are VERY right and I appologize.....I was incorrect in my previous post to NWO.
  • Options
    imageAmrice78:

true

I'd like to add:

Yes

• Options
    I agree ... but think the self appointed title of 'management' is laughable Punk.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Options

To each his own but I can't think of any item in juniors that would interest me (shrugs). 

• Options

Finally some sense made on the jeans debacle!

I will not wear junior jeans because I find most of the styles I have tried on look bad on curvy women, but I will also not wear mom jeans because I am not adding 20 years to my age either :)

• Options
    I'm not understanding what is wrong with wearing Juniors.  I'm at that fun, too young for mom clothes, too old for teen clothes stage where I shop in both sections in some stores.  I'm not understanding the big deal.
  • Options
    i agree that not all of it is "teeny bopper". i get most of my dresses in the junior section bc i just like them better and they fit the best. but thats it. and you have to skim through a LOT of dresses to get out the non "teen" ones (if thats what you want)
  • Options

Off the drama-side of the topic a bit but it got me thinking... what qualifies clothing to be labeled "Juniors"?  That it's trendy and more youth-oriented?  Just wondering...

• Options

imageMrsTotty:
    I agree ... but think the self appointed title of 'management' is laughable Punk.

hahaha have you never seen that before? maybe its just my friends - but we end all PSAs with "thanks, management". ie: like a stupid PSA letter you get from an apt manager in college talking about loud noises or parties. 

• Options

One more thing:

There is a vast array of clothing between teeny-bopper/junior's and mom clothes.

Just sayin'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Remembering Christopher
  • Options

Shortly before we got married, when I was skinny, I walked into Kohl's.  They had this really cute dressy shirt on display near the front door.  I bought it.  Turns out, it was a juniors shirt.  I very easily could have picked up a shirt just like it in the women's section of any other store.  So, not everything in juniors is that bad.

But you are correct.  Target sells jeans in junior sizes up to 17 (they're odd numbers, not even).  I've seen them while clothes shopping with Jordan.

• Options
    Yup, I agree. Juniors go up to sizes 17. The reason "juniors" wear "juniors" is because it is teen style clothing. You can get stylish, not mom jeans clothing in the normal woman's department!
  • Options

LOL juniors are for junior aged people. Not junior sized people. I could go to the store and find juniors in a size 19.

That being said, not ALL stuff in the juniors dept is so teenage-y looking that an adult can't wear it.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imagepunkfiction:
    i agree that not all of it is "teeny bopper". i get most of my dresses in the junior section bc i just like them better and they fit the best. but thats it. and you have to skim through a LOT of dresses to get out the non "teen" ones (if thats what you want)

What, you don't want a dress with netting all around the bottom of it?  Or poorly sewn on sequins?  Sheesh!  Where is your sense of fun?  

;)

• Options

imageannamie:
    I'm not understanding what is wrong with wearing Juniors.  I'm at that fun, too young for mom clothes, too old for teen clothes stage where I shop in both sections in some stores.  I'm not understanding the big deal.

how old are you?  i'm 24, and i don't shop in the juniors section.  i get my clothes at places like gap, banana republic, etc.

• Options
    imagevioletblue72:

Off the drama-side of the topic a bit but it got me thinking... what qualifies clothing to be labeled "Juniors"?  That it's trendy and more youth-oriented?  Just wondering...

juniors--odd numbered sizes

misses--even numbered sizes

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageCreamyMonster:

imagepunkfiction:

What, you don't want a dress with netting all around the bottom of it?  Or poorly sewn on sequins?  Sheesh!  Where is your sense of fun?  

;)

lol oh please - if i DID need a fun dress like that - i would go straight to the juniors section (and i have for bachelorette parties and such)

• Options
    imageAmrice78:

true

I'd like to add:

heehee you said "teeny bopper"... you must be a mom Wink

• Options
    imageCreamyMonster:

imagepunkfiction:

;)

Is it a Nest miracle? Creamy and Punk getting along ;)

• Options
    imagebrandonsfuturewife07:

imageannamie:

how old are you?  i'm 24, and i don't shop in the juniors section.  i get my clothes at places like gap, banana republic, etc.

or even express. you can still feel "trendeigh" in express bc its not all teeny bopper, but not all adult. 

• Options

What I dont understand why a grown woman in her mid-late 20's would try to look like she is 10-16 by wearing Juniors clothes?

You can look much more put together by wearing clothes that meant to be worn by 20 and 30 somethings.

I just dont get it.

• Options
    imageCaliflorida:
    imageAmrice78:

true

I'd like to add:

speaking of... Hanson is coming to house of blues here. who wants to bet its ALL women 24-30? LOL

• Options

When I'm not pregnant, I wear what fits and what looks good, regardless of the department it is from. A lot of my stuff just might be from Juniors.

If I can get a yellow tank top in Juniors that fits for $5 and they have the same one in Misses or Womens or whatever for $8, I am going to go with the juniors tank top. Even with jeans....to me, it doesn't matter the size or what department it comes from. What matters is if it is fitting you correctly and looks good.

• Options
    imageCaliflorida:
    imageAmrice78:

true

I'd like to add:

you caught me :P and I'm a teacher of teeny boppers to boot!

• Options

I pretty much always thought that a 5 in juniors was a 6 in misses so I'm not sure how you have to be "skinny" to shop in juniors since it seems like you can be "skinny" and shop in misses also.

imageimage
  • Options
    But if I don't shop in the Juniors section, where will I buy all of my pants with "Hottie" written on the butt?
  • Options
    imagepunkfiction:

lol oh please - if i DID need a fun dress like that - i would go straight to the juniors section (and i have for bachelorette parties and such)

Forever 21

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Options

imageolivia_eve:
    But if I don't shop in the Juniors section, where will I buy all of my pants with "Hottie" written on the butt?

VS or nordstrom :) i don't mind those LOL

• Options
    imageMrsTotty:
    imagepunkfiction:

Forever 21

YES! lol for everyday? no. for needing something "of that nature" 1x a year? fine.

• Options
    Wait, so my size 7 and 9's are juniors?  I just thought they were the cuter capri pants...  Rut Roh.
  • Options

I have to disagree here.  A Junior's size 7 does NOT fall between a misses 6 and 8.

Juniors clothing is cut slimmer than misses clothing.  It always has been. 

• Options
    imageakiernan:

I have to disagree here.  A Junior's size 7 does NOT fall between a misses 6 and 8.

like a 2T instead of 24 months? lol (im serious)

• Options

imagepunkfiction:

WTF is the difference if you are buying a pair of jeans or a dress??!!!  You are such a hypocrite!!

• Options
    imagepunkfiction:
    imageakiernan:

yeah, I think it's a similar comparison.

• Options
    imagepunkfiction:
    imageakiernan:

Exactly! 

• Options
    imageRob&Heidi:

imagepunkfiction:

WTF is the difference if you are buying a pair of jeans or a dress??!!!  You are such a hypocrite!!

reread the post. you have to go through a TON to find the ONE that's not teeny bopper - dresses or jeans

• Options
    duplicate post
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"