Success after IF
Options

I swear-planning the first birthday party is more stressful than finding a new nanny--LOL-sort of

My girls turn 1 (can't even f***ing believe that one) in a week and their party is next Sunday.  Besides the fact that it has been one of the rainiest summers we've had and I am STRESSING over the weather, just planning this thing is anxiety inducing.  It just is.  We decided to have pool party at my dad's house.  This is the house I grew up in, had my bridal shower outdoors and just a very meaningful thing for me.  My mom would have wanted their first birthday party at the house and there was just no option in my mind.  But now I am seriously stressing over the weather (of course, I have 0 control over it) and everything else in general.  Been running around on lunch hours and after work ordering things/buying things and still have so much to do.   I did not want to get myself worked up about it but there are so many things to remember....I also don't have much help and that is probably why I am so damn stressed.  DH's job is highly stressful and demanding and he works longer hours than me. BUT he always helps me when I ask him.  Now, he is in charge of sifting through nanny profiles and setting up interviews (as if we don't have enough going on) so I need him to focus on that.  In the midst of it all, we have to find a new nanny by the last full week of August.  My in-laws are in Florida now, SIL is busy with her kids.  Dad is going to help me next weekend so that is good.

Ugh--thanks for letting me vent.  Seriously, the party will be great--rain or shine.  Just needed to vent...way too much going on at once and not too much help! :-/

Re: I swear-planning the first birthday party is more stressful than finding a new nanny--LOL-sort of

• Options
    CMM05CMM05 member

It is very stressful!!! But.....like you said, it will be perfect no matter what!!! I can't believe they are going to be one....crazy!

BTW.......I will never do a party at home again....LOL! This year, I am doing it at a play place where they do ALL the work for you....ha ha!!!

Have fun! Can't wait to see the pics :):) 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It will be a perfect day I'm sure :)
    twin girls after 43 months of TTC.. Katherine Emily (5 lbs 12 oz 19 1/4 in) and Karly Elizabeth (5lbs 7 oz 19 in) imageLilypie!!My bio!! !!My Blog!! imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    E's party is next weekend as well.  I'm starting to stress, but rain or shine, or burnt hot dogs (I had a dream that I burnt all of the hot dogs), both parties will be fabulous.  They will see pictures when they are older and see how LOVED they are, and that's all that matters.  Good luck with the weather, we have the opposite.  It has been very very dry here, so I'm guessing we are due for some sort of storm.  I'll have to think of plan B if it rains.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"