2nd Trimester
Options

baby's heartbeat

A few places say you can hear the heartbeat loud and strong with a stethoscope.  Has anyone tried this at home?  I can't seem to find hers =(

Re: baby's heartbeat

• Options
    I haven't tried, but I've heard it's very difficult to do.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I should add that some sites say it can be done around 24 weeks.

I can barely hear my own hb with this stethoscope and I know exactly where to put it.  She's so squirmy right now, it's anyone's guess where her heart is. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have tried, but with an anterior placenta it makes it super hard. Since I have my doppler now, I just use that.
  • Options
    You should be able to with a fetoscope at this point, but it may be too early for a regular stethoscope. 

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

• Options
    2nd tri is too early to hear with a stethoscope.
  • Options

imageamoureux:
    2nd tri is too early to hear with a stethoscope.

not true 

• Options
    we have tried several times and I was hopeful, but not anymore. DH is a nurse so he tries too, but it is just really difficult I think until further along, even though I read you "can" start hearing it at 20w. We were hopeful because everything else with LO was early, hearing her on the doppler at 9w and feeling her kick just before 16w, but alas, nothing.
  • Options
    Yeah, no luck yet. I also read that around 26+ weeks dh could put his ear to your belly and hear it. I find it unlikely.
  • Options
    Funny you ask this tonight! We just tried and were unsuccessful.
  • Options
    way too early for me to try but my DH asked me the other day if I could feel baby's heartbeat...lol, cute...I told him the only thing I ever feel is my own blood pumping after too much effort doing something at work....lol
  • Options
    I've tried this periodically ever since 24 weeks and have never been able to get anything. Now that I can feel strong movements, it's not as big of a deal, but it still would be neat to hear that heartbeat.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I as able to hear it at 23 weeks but I first had to find it with my dopler and then stick the stetho there right after. It was very faint but I could hear it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"